Summer 2021 Video Production and Design Intern: Remote
The Democratic Attorneys General Association provides political and policy support to Democratic State Attorneys General in their mission to protect citizens, promote progress and support civil rights.
We are seeking an energetic and hard-working student to join our DAGA internship program as our Video Production and Design Intern. This internship opportunity with DAGA is a one-of-a-kind experience that helps students learn more about the American political process. The term will begin in May and go through August (start and end dates are flexible depending on candidate availability). This is a non-employment internship opportunity. Internships are part-time and unpaid, but we can sign off on credit/service hours. Interns are offered flexible work schedules and hours are capped at 20 hours a week. Interns will receive a $250/week stipend to offset living costs. This is a remote internship. Applicants must have access to WiFi.
- This is a fast-paced and fast changing work environment. The ability to organize and handle multiple projects, set priorities and meet deadlines is required
- Able to interact with individuals at many levels and handle confidential matters
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong research and computer skills (MS Office, etc.) required
- Humor, initiative, and openness to evolving responsibilities
Video and Photo Production Additional Required Qualifications
- Basic video editing skills: Adobe Premiere Pro
- Basic experience with sound mixing in Premiere and Adobe Audition
- Understanding of folder structure and proper organization of video projects
- Adobe Photoshop for graphic content creation
- Basic photo editing skills
- Strong visual and design sense
- Strong organizational skills
- Nice to have: Experience with Adobe After Effects, Illustrator, InDesign or Lightroom
- Upload, sort, tag and edit raw video footage into short video packages
- Transcribe interviews and caption videos
- Create and edit graphics for use in social media, email and web
- Do basic photo toning and editing to fix exposure, color, and minor blemishes
- Supporting other Communications team day-to-day tasks as needed
Please Note: This is primarily a video production internship with some graphic and photo production tasks based on department needs.
- DAGA’s office is open 9 AM – 6 PM Eastern. Interns set schedules based on their availability & school schedule.
- DAGA offices are in downtown DC but are currently closed due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- DAGA will work with potential candidates to schedule remote interviews and process onboarding procedures remotely, as necessary.
- DAGA values a truly diverse workforce and is committed to a culture of inclusivity, respect, and integrity.
- We strongly encourage women, people of color, transgender and non-binary people, and people from diverse backgrounds to apply.