Training & Development Media Intern
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company that will give you the experience and exposure you need to build your career and personal brand? If so, then you’ve come to the right place! Granite is an industry leader in the transportation, water resources and mineral exploration markets throughout North America, providing infrastructure solutions for construction, program management, alternative procurement, and is a vertically-integrated contractor with aggregate materials reserves throughout the U.S.
This paid summer internship for a student videographer is located at the company’s corporate headquarters in Watsonville, CA working with the Training and Development team. Must be comfortable traveling to local active job sites as well as working in an office environment. Able to capture compelling images and video of people and projects in progress or after completion. Capture candid as well as posed images and video of team members. Edit and produce high-quality and engaging short videos for training highlighting our teams and our projects.
Essential Job Responsibilities
1. Serve as a primary videographer, photographer, producer, and editor, for all events, programs, resources, and marketing materials.
2. Solid experience with Adobe Creative Suite, especially Adobe Premier Pro, Adobe After Effects, and Apple Final Cut Pro.
3. Must enjoy working collaboratively and accurately; attention to detail a must.
4. Must be able to work independently.
5. Take safety training, apply safe work practices, and wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
6. Willing to travel locally to active job sites.
7. Experience in shooting, editing, and producing high quality videos a must. Be able to establish a clear understanding of the storyline and purpose of the video's creation.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· Currently majoring in photography, film, marketing and communications, or journalism (or a related field) at an accredited college or university
· Proficiency in multi-media formats, including print, video, and digital platforms
· Attention to detail/accuracy, quick learner and internally motivated to seek out answers, generate ideas, and develop new skills
· Ability to set priorities, organize work and work in high production environment while responding quickly and effectively under pressure, changing priorities and tight timelines/deadlines
· Strong problem-solving skills, with demonstrated ability to provide creative solutions to real-time challenges with consistent follow through
· Ability to work well individually, and as part of a team, as well as with other stakeholders
· Ability to work in creative and structured, process-driven environments
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit and use hands to operate a computer keyboard. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.