Civil Engineer - Seattle District U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
This position is part of the Army Career Development Program and is a CIVILIAN position with the Department of the Army. Selectees rotate as a junior engineer through many different functional areas of the Corps and receive advanced training in their field of specialty. This CIVILIAN position is a GS-07 appointment which typically progresses to GS-11 at the end of the two years and leads to a permanent position with the Corps with a target grade of GS-12. The position will reside in the Engineering or Construction Divisions at the Seattle District Office. The position requires completion of the degree by June of 2021, preferably with superior academic achievement. U.S. CITIZENSHIP is also a requirement.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
· Under the guidance of senior engineers, assist in conducting studies, analyses, investigations, field tests, etc., on assigned civil, military, and environmental remediation projects.
· Under the direction and guidance of senior engineers, assist in developing scopes of work, technical criteria, and completion schedules for projects within the Engineering or Construction Divisions at Seattle District.
· Assist in preparing design related reports, analyses and briefings and in documenting critical design assumptions as input to construction memoranda.
· Assist in performing fieldwork as a basis for planning, design, construction, retrofit and emergency repair activities.
· Assist in preparing scope of work and technical guidance for work being performed under Architect-Engineer (A-E) contracts.