DAP is a leading marketer of home repair and construction products, including latex caulks, silicone sealants, contact cements, construction adhesives, glues, glazing, spackling, and patch and repair products. You'll find DAP products in the hands of professional painters, remodelers, builders and do-it-yourselfers, and in 60,000 retail outlets, ranging from home centers and mass merchandisers to your local hardware and paint stores. DAP's six manufacturing and distribution facilities in the United States of America and Canada service North America and the world. The “DAP Stars" represent its 775 strong associates around the world which support its vision to produce and market America's best home repair products. Learn more about DAP’s history, culture and benefits at www.dap.com/careers/careers.aspx .
The Process Engineer opportunity provides process engineering support to drive continuous improvement in the areas OEE, ZBY, and OBE. This position will also provide engineering support to continuous improvement of the main plant metrics (safety, quality, service and cost). The position is based in our Baltimore, Maryland manufacturing facility.
Areas of responsibility
- Support daily production needs through process troubleshooting, experimentation and support for production requirements.
- Champion and lead continuous improvement projects using the six sigma/DMAIC methodology
- Supervise capital projects necessary for the continued improvement and modernization of the plant.
- Achieve and maintain safety goals relative to the maintenance and engineering functions. Responsible for safety devices, safe design, etc. of all equipment
- Support the expansion of the automated OEE data collection and SCADA system
- Identify improvement opportunities for the maintenance department through analysis of SCADA and eMaint Data
Desired Skills and experience
- Bachelors’ Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Industrial engineering
- 3-5 years experience in manufacturing environment. Six Sigma/lean manufacturing experience.
- Understanding of process control methods, flowmeters, level monitors, and other process controls within a batch manufacturing process.
- Ability to read and interpret process drawings (process flow diagrams and P&ID’s).
- PLC with ladder logic analysis.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills. PC usage with MS Office Suite (AutoCAD experience a plus)
- Strong interpersonal skills; good communication skills both written and verbal.
Local to Baltimore, Maryland area candidates preferred.