Entry Level Mechanical Engineer
The Reactor Servicing Systems Department at the Naval Nuclear Laboratory, located in West Mifflin, Pennsylvania, is seeking an energetic, motivated Mechanical Engineer. The work in this organization plays a key role in the life-cycle of our Navy's nuclear powered fleet. The successful candidate will be responsible for the design, development, implementation, and support of new and spent fuel shipping packages for the Naval Nuclear Propulsion Program. Daily work functions will be varied and will typically include design, structural analysis, fit-up studies, testing, drawing development and safety reports.
The engineer will be expected to work in a team environment and apply critical thought processes to identify and assess problems, develop solutions, clearly and concisely document their work, and prepare technical proposals for management evaluation which discuss and justify their recommendations and findings. Significant interface will be required with support organizations, equipment vendors and servicing facilities to ensure complete final products are delivered. Travel for this position is minimal.
REQUIRED SKILLS *
- BS degree in engineering or Bachelor's degree in a science related field from an accredited college or university required.
- BS degree in engineering or Bachelor's degree in a science related field from an accredited college or university and a minimum of two years of relevant experience; or
- MS degree in engineering or Master's degree in a science related field from an accredited college or university and a minimum of one year of relevant experience
- Ability to Develop Creative Solutions to Challenging Problems
- Ability to Identify Innovative Opportunities in Existing Technologies
- Current or Previous Co-op and/or Internship Experience
- Current or Previous Work Experience
- Enjoy Working with People
- Experience Working in a Team Environment
- Experience Working with People
- Strong Interpersonal Skills
- Strong Verbal and Written Communicator
- Technical Writing Skills