Machine Learning PhD Intern (Summer 2021)
Figure is looking for a Machine Learning Intern to join our data team this Summer (2021). In this role, you will have opportunities to work with experienced machine learning scientists, engineers, and product managers to build end-to-end machine learning solutions. We are seeking individuals passionate in areas such as Machine Learning, Data Mining, Computational Advertising, and Deep Learning. Our interns have an opportunity to make core algorithmic advances and apply their ideas to the dynamic world of blockchain.
Please note we are flexible on the internship start & end date.
What you’ll do:
- Own a machine learning project’s implementation, end-to-end, with exceptional execution
- Work in areas such as anomaly detection, time-series forecasting, intent classification, recommendation, deep learning, semi-supervised learning, and autoML.
- Collaborate with machine learning scientists, engineers, and product managers closely
- Push forward projects with independence, with a passion for making Figure a better platform for customers.
- Currently enrolled in a Ph.D. program studying machine learning, data mining, artificial intelligence, statistics, economics, or a related quantitative field. Must return to school after the internship is complete.
- Familiar with machine learning techniques (regression, classification, clustering, etc) and understand their mathematical foundations.
- Experience in one or more object-oriented languages, including C++, Java, Python, or Scala
- Experience or a strong interest in big data frameworks and cloud computing
- Experience presenting at industry-recognized ML conferences and a good publishing record in top-tier journals such as KDD, ICML, NIPS, ACL, SIGIR, WWW, CVPR, SIGMOD, etc.
At Figure, we’re on a mission to transform financial services through blockchain, bringing speed, efficiency, and savings to both consumers and institutions.
Accomplishing this kind of transformation requires building really big things. We understand that building big requires a creative, team-oriented, and supportive environment where everyone can do their absolute best work. The Figure team is comprised of incredibly driven, innovative, collaborative, and curious people who love architecting and building from scratch. Everyone at the company is encouraged to be an individual contributor but also a team collaborator.
We value team members who bring an entrepreneurial mindset to every task and will embrace our culture of innovation. Every day at Figure is a journey in continuous learning yet a daily focus on getting work done that makes a difference.
This is an opportunity to work with a team of proven leaders who have already created billions of dollars of value in the Fintech space. Join us!