Want to work in a mission-driven startup with huge reach and scale that is improving health in California? Come join our team.
Manifest MedEx is on a mission to connect healthcare in California. We are the largest health information exchange in the state combining 25 million Californians’ clinical records, over 500 healthcare partners, and strong partnerships with leading California health plans. We are committed to improving patient experience and reducing healthcare costs by making it easier for doctors, hospitals, health plans and other care providers to securely review, analyze and share health information.
The Manifest MedEx (MX) Fellowship is a post-graduation, one-year employment opportunity designed and guided by the MX Leadership Team. Fellows take part in substantive, hands-on projects that foster an understanding of overall business and technical operations at MX, a fast-growing health information exchange start up with the goal of connecting healthcare in California.
Opportunity for career growth -
The program, open to recent college graduates, allows young professionals to advance their skills through accelerated development. They will also learn about many aspects of the company’s business operations, gain exciting hands-on experience and develop expertise in healthcare technology. Team-based learning and peer support are central components of the MX Fellowship. As a growing start-up, MX offers recent graduates on-the-job learning and the opportunity to advance their skill-set with increasing responsibilities over time.
Leadership team dedicated to helping you launch your career – MX will assign an Executive Sponsor to support Fellows in becoming independent contributing members of the MX team. In addition, Fellows gain a high degree of exposure to, and coaching from management and decision-making processes through one-on-one time with MX executives and team leads. Based on MX needs and Fellows' experience, full-time employment opportunities may be available at the conclusion of the one-year Fellowship period.
Fellows are dedicated to one primary role throughout the length of their contract, with opportunities to interact with the entire Leadership team.
Focus areas will be selected based on current needs at MX and a Fellow’s interests, including:
· Business Development
· Project Management
· Market Research
· Product Development
· Provider Training, Outreach and Workflow
Fellows have the opportunity to:
· Receive mentoring by leaders across MX who are dedicated to helping Fellows launch their careers
· Attend relevant conferences
· Access to leadership and development training
· Participate in recruiting the next class of MX Fellows
· Master’s degree in relevant field (e.g., public health, business, computer science, data science, public policy) or Bachelor’s degree and 1-2 years of professional experience in healthcare.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Excellent research skills
· Highly organized and action-oriented approach
· A team player who is relentlessly passionate about growing and engaging our customers, and can effortlessly switch back and forth between planning & execution.
· Outstanding relational skills including communications, ability to collaborate with and influence others, sense of urgency, nimbleness, creative thinking and personal integrity
· Strong attention to detail with project and process management skill set and experience
· Positive attitude and demeanor
· Ability to build and maintain respectful and productive internal and external relationships, that are professional, encourage collaboration, ensure accountability and allow the achievement of mutual objectives and strategies
· Self-starter, analytical, problem-solver and action-oriented. Can organize and manage their own work with minimal management attention and direction
· Comfort in a fast-paced start-up environment
Location - Remote until September 2021 at the earliest, then based in Riverside or Emeryville, CA
Manifest MedEx has two offices in California: Emeryville (San Francisco Bay Area) and Riverside (Southern California). Candidates must be willing to relocate to one of these locations.
As a Fellow, you will receive a competitive salary, benefits package, and accrue both vacation and sick leave. Also, your dependents may be eligible for full medical and dental benefits.
How to Apply to the MX Fellowship
Applicants must have earned an graduate degree by the start of the fellowship, ideally in Business Management, Communications, Marketing, Computer Science, Public Health & Public Policy.
MX is a company with an exciting, fast-paced environment. For this position, we are looking for candidates who are energetic, nimble and team players.
Candidates must pass a background check and drug screening.
Application deadline is May 31st with a projected start date in the summer. Complete the application & submit your cover letter, resume and three references: https://jobs.lever.co/manifestmedex/98663fba-d383-46a7-a26e-3d817d410baf
For more information, email questions to: Info@manifestmedex.org and put Fellowship Program in the subject.