Information Technology (IT) Internship
Net Atlantic is looking for an energetic and ambitious College Student studying in the IT (Information Technology) and computer science (CS) field or related fields for an internship.
About Net Atlantic:
Founded in 1995, Net Atlantic provides email marketing solutions for companies and organizations across the USA and internationally. Net Atlantic is located in historic downtown Salem near the train and bus station. Free parking is included.
In this role the IT Intern will assist in the day to day support of the in-house domain including updating, patching and general support/upkeep of servers, workstations, printers, fax and phone system, troubleshoot user/systems issues as well as new system rollouts for incoming employees.
The Ideal Candidate:
- A college student currently pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field.
- Some programming experience is preferred but not mandatory - Perl, PHP, MySQL, VB, Python, or similar.
- Familiarity with either Windows servers or Linux servers.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Be self-motivated and self-disciplined
Duties May Include:
- Assisting System Admins with in house hardware and software support
- Set up personal computers and peripherals
- Create documentation of environment and system changes
- Basic knowledge with MS Office Suites
- Assist in performing system backup and maintenance functions
- Install PC hardware and software
- Create and update Logins as needed
- Assist with resolving end user issues.
- Assist in network and hardware troubleshooting
- Assist in preventative maintenance and upgrades on servers
- Perform special projects to be determined by the IT staff.