UITS Support Center Consultant
The UITS Support Center is hiring part-time consultant positions. Consultants are scheduled to work between 20-29 hours per week and are required to be available to work evening and/or weekend shifts.
Consultants provide tier 1 technical assistance to students, faculty, and staff of the IU-supported communities over multiple services such as phone, email, chat, and walk-in. We are committed to providing excellent customer service during every single customer contact.
Consultants are required to be available to work walk-in shifts on campus. Phone and chat shifts will be conducted in a work-from-home environment and may transition back to in-office at a later date. Consultants are required to have their own computer, high speed internet, and a quiet place to work.
Job duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provides technical advising and troubleshooting support to clients in order to resolve problems reported for multiple service areas, including but not limited to:
- Desktop and mobile computing device platforms (including Windows, Mac OS, iOS, Android and others)
- Central systems (email, learning management systems, storage platforms, etc.)
- Campus networking (wired and wireless connectivity)
- Documents all customer interactions for research, review, and future reference.
- Follows up with clients until a satisfactory resolution is reached. As necessary, escalates unresolved issues to the appropriate supervisors, tier 2 staff and administrators.
- Updates technical documentation in the IU Knowledge Base for both internal and public consumption.
Skills that students will learn are:
- Problem Solving- Students will learn how to troubleshoot IT problems and come to a resolution using the various resources of UITS and other online resources.
- Customer Service- Students will interact with customers via phone, email, chat, and in person. They will learn how to effectively communicate with customers and explain complex resolutions.
- Technology Research- Students will be exposed to new technologies and systems and be able to troubleshoot them effectively.
This position is eligible for work study.