Asset Planning Internship (Summer 2021)
We are seeking students who are eager to learn, self-motivated and comfortable working independently. This internship will make an impact! You will support and assist with real-life projects for the Asset Planning department. These projects are designed to enhance your communication and teamwork skills, as you will be collaborating with individuals across many functions in our organization. You will work alongside professionals in your field, gaining in-depth knowledge about the energy industry and your chosen field of expertise. You will apply what you have learned in school to impactful projects within a publicly traded, multi-state utility energy company. Learn more about our internship program here: https://careers.blackhillsenergy.com/students
PAY: $17 per hour (Determined by the knowledge, skills and abilities of the applicant.)
- Additional benefits include meaningful work, relocation benefits, intern week experience, casual dress code, plus you'll earn 401k contributions during your internship.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Project Manager, Asset Planning
LOCATION: This position will be located at our corporate headquarters in Rapid City, South Dakota.
- To learn more about our company, visit our internship page and locations page on our career website.
- Intern Relocation Adjustment Allowance of $1,000.00 is offered for the purpose of assisting with various expenses associated with your relocation for the internship (less applicable taxes and based on eligibility). Contents of our relocation program are subject to change and may vary based on position.
- Must be actively enrolled in an educational program related to this type of internship and have completed a minimum of 2 years towards a respective degree. If you are a recent graduate, you must be within 1 year of your graduation date.
- No experience required.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Participation in the Company’s industry orientation experiences, which may include some travel and overnight stays. Prepare and present a synopsis of experience with the Company at the end of the internship.
- Perform all responsibilities in a safe and reliable manner
- Provide analysis to natural gas distribution, transmission, and storage operations in the company’s multiple state natural gas business.
- Provide analytical support for requests within Asset Planning.
- Maintain a successful partnership with Gas Operations.
- Maintain a successful partnership with Financial Management.
- Maintain a successful partnership with Investor Relations.
- Maintain a successful partnership with Regulatory.
- Strong writing and editing skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to collaborate with employees and various business contacts in a professional and courteous manner.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment.
- Ability to prepare and give presentations.
- Ability to manage projects of varying scale simultaneously.
- Ability to thoroughly document analytical work.
- Attention to detail.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and database programs.
- Desire to innovate and continuously improve the Asset Planning process.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality of business information.
MENTAL/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The mental and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Mental Requirements: Ability to understand and apply oral and/or written instructions or other information, and communicate pertinent factual information. Ability to apply common sense in performing job functions, usually within a set of rules or guidelines.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is continuously (67% or more) required to: use fingers and hands, communicate, and have close visual acuity. Employee is frequently (34-66%) required to: ascend/descend stairs, position self to access lower items, and move about the office. Employee must be able to operate routine office equipment including computers and similar equipment. Must be able to routinely perform this work for an average of 6-8 hours per day and occasional extended hours as necessary. Must be capable of regular, reliable, and timely attendance.
Specific lifting abilities required by this job include: Sedentary work. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or continuously to lift, carry, push, pull or sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Work environment: Must be able to routinely perform work indoors in climate-controlled shared work area with moderate noise level. No travel is required for this role.
This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining unit agreement will apply.
About our Company: We are a customer focused, growth-oriented utility company that is devoted to our communities. We have a mission to improve life with energy and a vision to be the energy partner of choice. Our diverse culture sparks unique perspectives, opening doors to new ideas and possibilities. Based in Rapid City, South Dakota, we have over 2900 employees and serve 1.2 million natural gas and electric utility customers across eight states (South Dakota, Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, Nebraska, Iowa, Kansas, and Arkansas).
Candidates must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Black Hills Corporation does not sponsor applicants for work visas. All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the US.
Black Hills Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or status as a protected veteran.