The Getinge Internship / Co-op Program is a paid, competitive, full-time program that gives college students interested in the Medical Technology industry the opportunity to work in a challenging and dynamic culture. Working closely with Mentors, Coops and Interns have an inside look at what goes on behind the scenes at a major Medical Device company.
Students will benefit from on the job training and mentoring in their field of study/chosen department. They will participate in professional development events and workshops during their time here. Getinge’s Co-ops and Interns will have the opportunity to build professional relationships and enhance their interpersonal skills. Students should expect to contribute individually and as a team member to support a designated functional area (i.e., Operations, Research & Development, Quality, Engineering, Regulatory, and HR/Training), and work towards goals and objectives assigned by their manager/supervisor.
Position Overview: The Communications Intern will assist in all aspects of storytelling, from pitching stories to publishing content internally and externally. This intern will have the ability to pitch their own original idea and complete it. This intern will provide support to sales organization that includes review, approval, and deployment of content in support of sales presentations.
This is a Strategic business enabler role On-the-job internal and external communications member of a Powerful marketing communications team.
- Participate in regular meetings and check-ins
- Pitch and research story ideas
- Secure and conduct interviews over the phone, MS Teams, and Zoom
- Secure permissions for video and photos, and gather assets for projects
- Write text to accompany videos for our digital platforms and partners
- Research stories and present highlights to our senior team
- Complete other daily tasks as required by the Marketing Communications Team
- Special assignment includes Intranet article posts Social media posts PR outreach Internal content creation and deployment
- Cross functional relationship building and collaboration.
- Upper-class undergraduate or graduate students majoring in the fields of in journalism, communications, or related fields are encouraged to apply
- Applicants must be currently enrolled in a college program at the time of the interviews, and provide appropriate documentation
- A GPA of 3.0 is preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- News gathering experience is preferred
- Video production and post-production experience preferred
- Experience with digital media and social platforms
- Experience using Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
Getinge is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.