Teacher Elementary - Lesher Middle School
Responsible for instructing elementary level students in appropriate subject areas in coordination with current curriculum and within the framework of District and state content standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
DESCRIPTION OF JOB TASKS
1. Develop, plan, prepare, and implement:
a. Course content, format, structure, and schedule.
b. Individualized programs of instruction for students.
c. Classroom materials and curriculum.
d. Lesson plans and learning activities.
2. Instruct students in large, small, and one-on-one situations.
3. Administer, edit, proofread, and grade students’ assignments and assessments.
4. Create a classroom environment which maximizes instructional opportunity, supervise the behavior and wellbeing of students in the classroom and all educational settings, and administer discipline when appropriate.
5. Design assessment tasks that allow students to demonstrate understanding in a variety of ways and use the
data to give meaningful feedback and modify instruction.
6. Monitor student growth and progress, adapt support as needed, and maintain documentation pertinent to
academic, social, and emotional progress and needs of students.
7. Communicate students’ progress, and needs with parents/guardians and other staff as needed.
a. With teachers, support personnel, administrators, and colleagues to enhance instruction and improve
b. With colleagues in team and building-based meetings and discussions.
9. Demonstrate a commitment to:
a. Understand, appreciate, and make accommodations for student diversity.
b. Include and engage families in the student’s education.
c. Support all Poudre School District policies, procedures, and expectations.
d. Provide personal and professional excellence.
10. Participate in:
a. Department, team, building, and district meetings and discussions.
b. Student and/or family conferences and other meetings.
c. Social, cultural, interscholastic, and extracurricular activities.
d. Professional growth opportunities.
11. Attend work and arrive in a timely manner.
12. Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree with proper teaching licensure program required.
• Experience instructing students in a classroom setting preferred.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS, or CERTIFICATIONS:
• Criminal background check required for hire.
• Valid Colorado teaching license with appropriate endorsements required.
• CPR and First Aid certifications encouraged.
TECHNICAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, & ABILITIES:
• Oral and written communication skills.
• English language skills.
• Interpersonal relations skills.
• Math and accounting skills.
• Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
• Bilingual oral and written communication skills preferred.
• Ability to work supportively with other teachers, staff, and administrators to provide an effective learning environment.
• Ability to communicate with students, parents/guardians, staff, and community members.
• Ability to be a part of and work with a team.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality in all aspects of the job.
• Ability to manage multiple priorities.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks with frequent interruptions.
• Ability to maintain honesty and integrity in all aspects of the job.
• Ability and willingness to adhere to attendance requirements, including regular and punctual employee presence.
• Ability to promote and follow Board of Education policies, Superintendent policies, and building and department procedures.
• Ability to communicate, interact, and work effectively and cooperatively with people from diverse ethnic and
• Ability to recognize the importance of safety in the workplace, follow safety rules, practice safe work habits, utilize
appropriate safety equipment, and report unsafe conditions to the appropriate administrator.
MATERIALS AND EQUIPMENT-OPERATING KNOWLEDGE:
• Operating knowledge of and experience with personal computers and peripherals.
• Operating knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Publisher, Outlook, FrontPage,
and/or other department software packages.
• Operating knowledge of and experience with typical educational/instructional technology equipment and programs.
• Operating knowledge of and experience with typical office equipment.