Audio Design Summer Intern
Epic Games | Psyonix Audio Department is looking for a smart, creative Game Audio Design Intern to join them for Summer 2021. Our Interns are given challenging projects over the work term, and are provided with a meaningful experience with high expectations for performance. If you want to build something Epic, this is the opportunity for you!
Psyonix's Audio Department is a shared service team that helps drive creative content development for all of Psyonix's needs. What makes this team unique is their involvement in driving technical advancements and music business initiatives throughout all projects at Psyonix, including Psyonix's smash-hit Rocket League! As part of the larger Epic team, this small, tight-knit team has a tremendous focus on pushing the boundaries for what audio in a multiplayer experience can indeed be. An internship with this team is an exciting opportunity to learn many possible routes to take your career, blazing a pathway into the future with innovations and making the soundscape in games the best it can be.
- Contribute to the development and execution of audio for features and content.
- Collaborate with other disciplines to understand appropriate processes for audio content delivery.
- Record, edit, and design sound effects using industry standard methods and tools.
- Import, Implement, and Manage multistep processes for Audio Content.
- Navigate and implement feedback from multiple sources.
- Ensure quality of final assets by playtesting and gathering feedback.
- An unquenchable thirst for knowledge and willingness to grow
- Familiarity with the holistic game audio process (i.e. - Sound Design, Voice Over, Technology, Player Experience)
- Proficient in at least one DAW (ProTools, Reaper, Nuendo, etc)
- Basic Knowledge of sound design and voice over implementation methods
- Basic Knowledge of one audio middleware (i.e. - Wwise, Fmod)
- Good critical listening skills
- Familiarity with overall game engine technology (i.e. - Unreal, Unity)
- Experience working within collaborative team environments
- Basic Knowledge of Music Industry Terminology
This is a paid, remote internship for Summer 2021. All candidates must be eligible to work 40 hours per week remotely. Recruitment will run until teams find an ideal match. For more information about Epic Internships, visit Epicgames.com/students
This is going to be Epic!