Container Computer SDE Summer Intern
Container technology is transforming how businesses develop, deploy, and use software. AWS is the #1 place to run containers, and 80% of all containers in the cloud run on AWS.
The Container Compute team, part of the AWS Container Services organization, focuses on server less container platforms and container runtime for AWS customers. We are looking for software engineers, who have a passion for diving deep while also seeing the big picture, to help shape the future of this space.
As a Development Engineer Intern in the Container Compute team, you will have the opportunity to look under the hood to understand how container tech really works. You will be part of innovations in this space and own code end-to-end: from design, development, deployment, monitoring, and operations. In the process, you will have the opportunity to be mentored by senior engineers.
If you are a Software Engineer student with a deep understanding of Operating Systems (Linux/UNIX) fundamentals, strong coding skills (Go/C/C++), a passion for solving challenging problems, and curiosity about container tech, then this is your opportunity to own major deliverables and all aspects of the development cycle: scoping, design, implementation, and testing.
Your responsibilities will also include:
- Innovating and delivering creative software designs to develop new services, solve operational problems, drive improvements in developer velocity, and positively impact operational safetyWriting design documents, integration test plans, and deployment plans
- Communicating status and progress of deliverables
- Sharing learnings with your team and stakeholders
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field at time of application. (graduation date on or after October 2021)
- Knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals such as object-oriented design, algorithm design, data structures and problem solving
- Programming experience with languages such as Go/C/C++
- Familiar with scripting languages (bash, python or other)
- Deep understanding of Operating Systems (Linux/UNIX) fundamentals
- Experience with Linux containers
- Experience with virtualization
- Ability to work in a fast paced and agile development environment
- Passionate about learning new technologies, frameworks and programming languages