Workforce Development Specialist 43132
This position will be located in First National Bank Building in downtown St. Paul, but initially will be working remotely.
This position supports DEED’s mission to enhance the economic success of individuals, businesses, and communities by improving opportunities for prosperity and independence. The position reviews and approves customer applications for benefits available through programs under the Trade Adjustment Assistance (TAA) Act and Trade Readjustment Act (TRA) and provides vital case management required by federal regulations. The TAA and TRA programs provide services to adversely affected workers who have lost their employment due to foreign competition.
- Process and either approve or deny individual applications for TAA benefits
- Work with Dislocated Worker counselors and program to ensure integration of TAA, Dislocated Worker, and other appropriate services
- Maintain data on TAA workload, work flow, and performance
- Provide on-site orientations to workers at TAA certified sites
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of the benefit payment and non-monetary systems so that the unit will comply with established data entry procedures
- Perform other duties as required
- Two (2) years professional work experience in career placement, vocational counseling, workforce development or employment and training programs such as Dislocated Worker, Unemployment Insurance, Trade Act, or other human services related programs
- Excellent customer service, including timeliness, responsiveness, written and oral communications
- Strong analytical, conflict resolution, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, handling confidential information and data
- Willingness to travel, and make presentations, through the state, year-round, outside normal business hours
- Proficient computer skills with Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with federal, regional, state and local governmental and non-profit organization officials, etc.
- Knowledge and experience using web-based client management applications, such as Workforce One (WF1) or Salesforce or other related applications
- A solid understanding of workforce development systems and programs
- Proficient in Hmong, Somali, and/or Spanish
- A Bachelor's degree or higher in human services, public administration, counseling, or other related field