DE2021 - Architectural Summer Intern
HDR is a global design firm that is world-renowned for award-winning designs of urban environments, campuses and buildings in the healthcare, civic, justice, higher education, corporate and science + technology fields. HDR advocates integrated and multidisciplinary design, with projects that respond to the important cultural, contextual and functional influences of more than 60 countries. HDR professionals— architects, engineers, planners, consultants and interior designers who are located in more than 40 offices worldwide—are also HDR owners. Their leadership and HDR’s entrepreneurial corporate culture fuel success for both our clients and individual employees. Employee satisfaction is clearly based on the firm’s commitment to professional development, career advancement and to providing a working environment that allows for the free exchange of ideas within the firm.
HDR is looking for Architectural Summer Interns to join their team in Princeton, NJ. We offer our interns an exciting opportunity to work on projects as collaborative members of our design teams, participating in design charrettes and learning sessions focused on various aspects of the architectural delivery process. Participants will experience a range of activities that include interdisciplinary design, think tanks, model building, and best practices. We encourage extended professional exposure through lectures, project tours, and social events. This is a full-time position for the summer.
· Outstanding student enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program in Architecture.
· Working knowledge of Revit and AutoCAD.
· Strong 3D computer rendering skills (SketchUp, Rhino, 3ds Max, V-Ray) preferred.
· Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
· Experience & interest in model building ( laser cutting, 3D printing, CNC milling, etc.)
· Knowledge of energy analysis and parametric modeling is desired, but not required.