Information Technology is the foundation of our high-volume e-commerce business.
As IT Director, you will set priorities, design architectures and manage projects affecting every aspect of our business, including:
- Improving our website catalog and sales process
- Managing orders and inventory
- Processing data and images from manufacturers
- Translating content into foreign languages
- Securing sensitive customer and payment information
- Communicating with third-party systems for shipment tracking and tax compliance
- Maintaining infrastructure – servers, networks, even building controls for our office – with 24/7/365 reliability
You will lead a small, intense team of software engineers who build applications from scratch and replace them promptly when technology or business needs change. (No fiddling with settings on third-party packages or patching code from 1979 here!)
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering with top-tier academic performance (MBA or other business/management certification preferred).
- Proven success leading engineers in designing, building and delivering clever solutions to business challenges.
- Desire and ability to handle all the responsibilities of an Engineering Manager: Analyst, Architect, Technical Problem-Solver, Scheduler and Coach.
Must be able to work full time from our Madison, WI office and have the ability to work for any US employer without visa sponsorship.
As RockAuto IT Director, you will be one of the top five people in the company. Your work will be highly autonomous, always challenging and very rewarding. With our extremely flat organizational structure, your projects will not be buried in approval cycles or multi-year plans, they will just get done. And they must be done, quickly and well, to maintain and extend our competitive advantage in a rapidly evolving marketplace. If you built SAP, please apply. If you bought SAP, this is not the place.
Strategic and tactical impact. We are an e-commerce company. The business runs on your software.
Strong growth, unique business model. RockAuto has posted 20 years of double-digit sales growth in a mature industry with very large, established competitors. IT makes the difference.
Open, friendly environment. Everyone sits in an open space without walls, hierarchy or secrets. (IT is not in the basement or behind the computer room here!) Office outings, like the annual winter holiday party, are a great way to connect with fellow employees.
Excellent compensation. RockAuto offers competitive wages, with expected annual pay of $160,000 - $250,000 based on experience and performance. We also offer overtime pay for all positions, a generous allowance of paid holidays and personal time off, affordable health insurance, a Simplified Employee Pension for employees with qualifying tenure and a tradition of rewarding individual results and sharing the fruits of company success.
Madison, WI is a great place to live. Madison is uniquely centered on an isthmus between two beautiful lakes. It is consistently ranked one of the best places to live in the US. Both a capital city and hip college town, Madison provides affordable housing, excellent schools and a wide range of entertainment options and recreational activities.
How to Apply
If interested, please email a cover letter and resume in PDF format to HR@RockAuto.com. In your cover letter please explain why you would be a good fit as the RockAuto IT Director and include your GPA (if not listed on your resume). Applications that exclude a cover letter will NOT be considered.