Mechanical Engineer, 588664800
- If selected at the GS-05/07/09/11 level, duties will be performed in a developmental capacity:
- Serve on a wide range of Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) Document Standardization Division (VA) efforts providing technical expertise on selected complex projects associated with all DoD major weapon systems supported by the Agency and Center.
- Coordinate engineering efforts with other DLA activities and military services to increase readiness of US Forces by reducing production lead-time and reducing costs through competition.
- Perform professional level evaluation of the essential technical characteristics of various weapon systems/components, in your FSC coverage area.
- Develop requirements for mechanical, environmental, electrical (and other requirements as needed) testing, inspection, preservation, packaging, and marking requirements to support small business, procurement, and overall DLA supply chain support.
- Prepare justification for engineering projects; plans the schedule; prepares, amends, or revises other related project / program documents.
- Attend government, industrial and international conferences to stay technically current and when required give presentations.