College Sales Remote Internship, Spring 2021
Who we are
Founded in 1923, W. W. Norton is the oldest and largest independent and employee-owned publishing house, publishing works of Nobel laureates, master teachers, and Pulitzer Prize winners. For almost a century, Norton has been dedicated to achieving a common goal: to produce high-quality textbooks and digital media at an affordable price, while placing the student and instructor experience above all. We remain among the top publishers by following our publishing philosophy:
· our commitment to supporting instructor course goals through in-depth consultation
· thoughtful cohesion across high-quality texts, digital media, and instructor resources
· affordable format and access options that give instructors and students choice
· and unmatched service to support our community of instructors, students, and institutional leaders
About the internship
The College Publishing department is looking for interns to participate in our three-month remote sales internship program. Our internship program provides participants with an engaging, supportive, and hands-on learning experience in publishing sales that includes mentorship with experienced Norton employees and networking within the intern class. This internship program will offer a wide range of experience in sales, including related work in marketing, customer service, and educational technology for college textbooks.
Our interns will work within one department but also collaborate with and learn about different areas of college publishing at Norton, including both those that are traditionally based in New York City and those that operate throughout the country. Areas of learning may include, for example:
· Working with sales management on special projects
· Collaborating with sales representatives on college sales opportunities
· Overseeing college bookstore research and reporting information in Salesforce
· Assisting marketing managers with sales market research for forthcoming projects
· Participating in product launches
· Conducting sales analysis projects
· Helping sales representatives with customer service support needs
· Testing educational technology like InQuizitive, Smartwork, and Tutorials
Why you’ll be a great fit
We are excited to add interns who bring diverse perspectives to our team. The ideal candidate is curious, hardworking, and eager to learn more about the different facets of higher education publishing. Here are some skills and qualities we look for in candidates:
· You are a college junior, senior, or recent graduate.
· You are a great communicator and can meet your audience where they are.
· You enjoy collaborating and working in a group to solve challenges.
· You have a passion for learning and ideas.
· You have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
· Interns are paid $15 per hour and work a maximum of 20 hours weekly.
· The internship period is three months from February 8, 2021 through May 7, 2021.
· Our workday is 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time. Intern work hours are flexible to accommodate an academic schedule.
· This internship will be fully remote.