Host / Hostess
Role and Responsibilities
To service dining room as needed on Club Property coordinating with dining manager for greeting and seating of members and guest at high end private club:
Performs greeting function competently. When possible, greets a member/guest by opening the front door to Clubhouse and/or passenger side of a car door when a car pulls up in the front drive.
· Projects a sense of calm and control at the front desk.
· Exemplifies hospitality standards, practices “name magic” i.e., getting to know the members by name, handles requests and complaints with member satisfaction as a priority.
· Adheres to standards of personal cleanliness and professional appearance. Displays attentive posture and a confident, cordial disposition.
· Cooperates with management and co-workers and assists others with duties, if needed. Communicates suggestions for improvement in a positive manner. Exhibits punctuality, dependability and, if the need arises, willingness to work unscheduled shifts.
· Maintains organization of hostess area, prepares station chart and assignments.
· Maintains menus (typing, printing, and placing in menu covers).
· Maintains reservation sheets. When taking a reservation:
- Confirm member(s) name along with guest(s) name, if feasible, with proper spelling.
- Confirm amount of people in party and location of reservation (i.e., dining room, patio, private dining, etc.).
- Ask if there is a special occasion to be celebrated (i.e., anniversary, birthday, etc.).
- Assists with to-go and/or delivery orders communicating between manager, member, server, valet etc. to ensure proper items delivery or requests are completed.
- Uses proper telephone etiquette and techniques.
- Answer the phone within 3 rings.
- Speak clearly and consistently.
- Proper telephone greeting should include who you are, where you are, and time of day such as, “Good Evening the Gozzer Ranch Golf and Lake Club this is (employee name).
- Offer to take a message or transfer effectively to proper extension – see list of extensions posted near phone and instructions for transferring a call as needed.
- At conclusion of call, thank member, such as, “Thanks for calling Mr. Smith. Enjoy the rest of your evening”.
- Follow reservation policies and refers inquiries to appropriate manager.
· Functions as information center by demonstrating knowledge of hours of operation, upcoming, and special events, etc.
· Leads members/guests to correct table maintaining a comfortable pace. Carries members/guests’ cocktails, when appropriate. Pulls out chairs, hands menus to members/guests and conveys a “welcome” to everyone.