Data analysis and data visualizations fellow/trainee
The trainee will support work within the Division of Infectious Diseases, the Columbia Research
Unit (CRU) and the PrEP Working Group. They will support all phases of data generation,
curation, and use. Roles will include facilitation of planned and ongoing research through data
management, mining, analysis and visualization for COVID-19 and HIV treatment and
- Assist with data collection, data entry, data management and analysis of survey, clinical,
and laboratory data.
- Assist with record-keeping and follow-up for participants who have not completed
surveys/study visits on schedule
- Perform statistical analyses
- Maintain databases; perform quality control of clinical databases and develop systems
to improve data quality
Attributes, experience, and skills
- Bright, self-motivated, outgoing, well-organized
- Able to work fluidly with a multidisciplinary group of researchers
- Able to participate in multiple projects simultaneously
- Completed at least two semesters of statistics
- Completed one semester of Biology coursework
- Knowledge of Excel, REDCap, and a statistical software, preferably SAS or R Studio.
- Timeline: Spring 2021
- Start date: On or around Feb 15
- Time commitments: Roughly 6-10hours per week.
- Pay: $16-$18/hr
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org