About the Firm:
Axonic is a multi-billion-dollar investment firm based in New York City. Axonic focuses on structured credit instruments, including commercial mortgage backed securities and loans, non-agency residential mortgage backed securities, agency credit risk transfers, high yield, private debt, mortgage and real estate related credit and equities, and various single-name and index credit default swaps. We are seeking an analyst to join our investment team and primarily work on Equities. The Analyst will report to the PM, who is head of corporate development as well. The analyst will spend time across both functions - 70% investments, 30% corporate development.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
· Analyze the capital structure for mortgage and Equity REITs to evaluate investments in convertibles, preferred equity, and common stock
· Conduct primary research through company filings, transcripts, management meetings and other sources
· Evaluate prospective investments presented by the fund’s PM, co-heads of Credit and CIO and over time generate original investment ideas
· Construct and maintain detailed financial models of prospective investments and existing portfolio companies
Manage internal model of the asset manager, evaluate strategic partnerships and assist in other corporate development responsibilities
· Bachelor’s degree from a top tier institution with a track record of academic excellence
· Ideally, 2+ years of relevant work experience in investment banking, management consulting or investment management. Recent graduates are welcome to apply.
· Strong financial modeling acumen and understanding of fundamental accounting principles
· Excellent analytic skills with acute attention to detail
· Programming skills (C++, SQL, VBA, Python) is a plus
· Passion for investing in public equities
· Self-starter with the ability to work independently
· Positive attitude with a diligent work ethic
· Willingness to learn and be mentored
The intent of this position description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbent(s) in this position. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties in this description and incumbent(s) may be required to perform position-related tasks other than those specifically listed in this description. Equal Opportunity Employer.
If interested, please send your resume and any relevant details to firstname.lastname@example.org.