Internship - Strategic Initiatives (Grad Students)
To have your application materials reviewed by the hiring manager, please apply directly to the external link.
Ideal majors: Graduate students in business management, public administration, or the equivalent.
Hours per week: 21 (or 3 full days)
Length of Internship: 6 months; January 1, 2021 through June 30, 2021
Description: The Strategic Initiatives Intern will assist the Operations team in the development, revision and documentation of standard operation procedures, continuity planning and other operational projects.
Expected Assignments: The Strategic Initiatives Intern will be involved in operational projects including the coordination, development and improvement of standard operating procedures; assisting operations staff, teams and subject matter experts to document processes, develop flowcharts, and draft standard operating procedures; developing checklists, tools and templates and other supports to augment standard operating procedures and to communicate to staff across the organization.
The Intern will report to the Director of Strategic Initiatives and engage with individuals and teams across the Chicago Community Trust. This position will work remotely.
- Must be between first and second year of a graduate level program within a Chicago area graduate school majoring in non-profit management, public policy, social service administration, or related discipline;
- Reliable technology including personal computer and cell phone;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills a must;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Visio and PowerPoint required;
- Experience in SharePoint also preferred;
- Strong technical documentation/ writing skills;
- Ability to developing process flowcharts in Microsoft Visio
- Some project management experience.
Keyword: Chicago, community, trust, internship