The Honeycomb Project is Chicago’s go-to organization for family volunteering. Like a honeycomb, we bring nonprofits, families, and resources together to build strong and connected communities in Chicago. This year, thousands of volunteers will join Honeycomb to prepare meals for local shelters, build nature trails, clean city beaches, bring cheer to seniors in isolation, plant community gardens, and more.
Event, Nonprofit & Volunteer Management
· Oversee a dynamic portfolio of in-person and virtual volunteer programs.
· Work with Honeycomb partner organizations to plan and produce exceptional multi-generational volunteer programs.
· Lead volunteer programs, run volunteer trainings, and mentor new Project Leaders. Position may include 3-5 weekends/evenings per month.
· Manage all aspects of program planning and logistics including staffing, registration, day-of logistics, evaluation, and reporting.
· Mange program communications including updates on Honeycomb website, social media, and all communications with registrants and project leadership team.
· Maintain program records, analyze program data to inform planning, and prepare program reports for the Board of Directors.
· Identify new prospective partner organizations and develop new programs.
· Work with Executive Director to implement Project Leader recruitment, training, and retention strategies.
· Manage Honeycomb’s team of interns and Honeycomb Leadership Corps teens.
· Position reports directly to Honeycomb’s Executive Director.
Interpersonal Savvy: You are a people person! You can relate to all kinds of people and enjoy new meeting people. You work to build meaningful professional relationships.
Problem Solving: You treats every situation with a positive “can do” attitude. You identify challenges and respond constructively to bring about solutions. You are flexible and positive when difficulties arise.
Planning: You highly organized and detail oriented when it comes to planning. You accurately scope out the length and difficulty of projects, set objectives and goals, develop schedules and assignments, adjust for roadblocks, and evaluate results.
Initiative: Your friends would describe you as ambitious. You go the extra mile to get things done.
You approach your work with creativity and bring new ideas to the table.
Building Effective Teams: You define success in terms of the whole team. You maintain positive working relationships and inspire cooperation. You share wins and successes, foster open dialogue, and create a sense of community in your team.
Oral and Written Communications: You are a clear and graceful communicator. You are comfortable with public speaking and facilitating workshops. You can adapt your style and tone to different audiences (families, donors, partner organizations, leadership team).
Committed: You are passionate about family volunteering and embody the mission, goals, and values of The Honeycomb Project through all professional interactions.
· Start Date: January 4, 2021
· 40 hours per week (includes 3-5 weekend/evening hours per month)
· Salary Range: $40,000 - $44,000
· Four-year college degree required
· Program and/or volunteer management experience
· Experience working with children or families
· Enjoy hands-on projects such as gardening, cooking and crafting
· Must have reliable transportation
· Background check required