Engineering Technician (Planner/Estimator)
- Serves as an estimator and project planner for reviewing and/or preparing detailed cost estimates and project scopes for planning studies in support of new construction, renovation and alteration of Federal buildings and leased space.
- Prepares project scopes and budget estimates for tenant improvement and repair projects to construct or alter buildings and building systems including architectural, electrical, mechanical, structural, elevator systems, and fire and life safety systems.
- Reviews or prepares scopes and estimates for change orders (contract modifications) for new construction, alteration, and repair projects and provides feedback to Project Managers and Contracting Officers in preparation for negotiations.
- Prepares scopes and estimates for budget development and programming of regional business programs and prospectus projects.
- Provides construction means-methods and technical guidance and advice to a variety of individuals, including agency specialists, contractors, construction personnel, and/or attorneys as necessary. Conducts presentations and training sessions for agency personnel.