Intern - Enterprise Data & Analytics - Business Analyst - Opportunity for working remotely (Summer 2021)
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 500,000 enterprise and mid-market customers to thrive in the Cloud Era by simplifying, automating and transforming the way they build, deliver and consume IT. We empower our customers by radically simplifying IT through virtualization software with a focus on five core technology franchises: App Modernization, Multi-Cloud, Intrinsic Security, Virtual Cloud Network and Digital Workspace. Join our community – instigators of innovation and transformers of technology – as we envision and create what’s next in IT. Get connected to an engine of opportunity fueled by the transformative products and solutions we bring to market, the passion and trust we inspire in our customers, and our collaborative drive to imagine, define and deliver the future of IT. With 13,000+ employees and 50+ locations worldwide, we are passionately driven to make an impact while contributing back to the community. Ranked on the Forbes 100 Most Innovative Companies in the World list. Learn more at vmware.com/careers today!
The Enterprise Data and Analytics team plays critical role in providing Business Intelligence and Data Science solutions and tools to different teams and to leadership. The team leads the way to best practice industry solutions in a dynamic business environment focusing on providing analytics across Sales, Finance, Marketing.
As an Intern at VMware, you’ll create innovative solutions and solve complex problems. You’ll take ownership of meaningful, big-picture projects and springboard into an impactful career. At VMware, you will become immersed in all aspects of our innovative and collaborative culture, and ensure you get the full VMware experience. You’ll interact with industry thought leaders at one of our world class campuses and enjoy networking, community service, and career development events.
The Data Science Intern will be working on analytics projects critical in the creation, delivery and maintenance of advanced executive analyses and tools ensuring the analyses are meeting the highest quality standards to meet the ever-changing requirements of the business stakeholders. The ideal candidate would have completed their bachelor or master’s degree in one of the following fields: Mathematics, Computer Science, Statistics, Economics, Business Administration
- The Data science Intern would be tasked with solving a real-life business problem that requires processing/analyzing TBs of data and handling variety of data sources
- The work is organized as a project with clear deliverable and timeline
- The Data science Intern would collaborate with other team members who would provide support and mentoring
- The Data science Intern would proactively investigate, report, and where possible, address data quality issues
- Excellent communications skills: ability to tell story through data
- Excellent SQL with experience in query optimization, ideally Postgres
- Good understanding of data bases
- Intermediate knowledge of at least one programming language, ideally Python or R
- Currently pursuing Master-level degree
- Understanding of different model performance metrics and hyperparameters optimization
- Business Acumen, ability to translate business needs into a set of workable, specific requirements
- Well versed with MS PowerPoint/Visio
- Good understanding of statistical analysis and techniques: Classification analysis (Decision trees, Random forest, GBM, Linear and Logistic regression analysis, ANOVA, Hypothesis testing, Cluster analysis, PCA)
- Excellent knowledge of Excel
- Experience with API connections and data pipelining
- Experience with web scraping
This job requisition is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsored by VMware.
This opportunity is available to currently enrolled Master-level students only. This program is a 12 week internship during Summer 2021.