Structural Mechanics Engineer
Bechtel Plant Machinery, Inc. (BPMI) is seeking a structural mechanics engineer.
- Lead structural evaluations and provide technical consultation and guidance on the analysis and design of power plant components to applicable design codes and standards.
- Execute structural analysis utilizing skills such as: including engineering mechanics, finite element analysis, thermal/mechanical analysis, fracture mechanics, heat transfer, dynamics, shock, vibration, fluid dynamics, and related technologies.
- Review and evaluate equipment specifications and vendor proposals for overall structural requirements.
- Assess adequacy of component structural evaluations performed by suppliers to demonstrate the component structural integrity through independent verification and/or technical reviews.
- Represent BPMI at technical meetings with suppliers, other prime contractors and the Naval Nuclear Propulsion Program representatives.
- Experience in mechanical analysis/design, with emphasis on structural analysis and material behavior requirements.
- Demonstrated experience using finite element analysis and computer-aided engineering techniques.
- Proven track record of effective written and verbal communication skills and creative problem solving capabilities.
- Working knowledge of some or all of the following: engineering mechanics, heat transfer, dynamics, shock, vibration, fluid dynamics, or related technology.
- Prefer familiarity with pressure vessel design codes such as the ASME pressure vessel code.
- B.S. in Mechanical engineering, Applied Mechanics or related disciplines is required.
- M.S. in Mechanical, Aerospace Engineering, or Applied Mechanics with concentration in structural mechanics is preferred.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 is preferred
- Must be a U.S. citizen due to government security clearance requirements. In order to work at BPMI, applicants must complete a Federal background investigation and be granted a security clearance.
BPMI is a prime contractor for the United States Naval Nuclear Propulsion Program (NNPP). We are a project engineering organization responsible for providing design, manufacturing, and procurement management for the fabrication, testing, delivery, installation, and field support of high quality nuclear power plant components for installation in submarines and aircraft carriers.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Competitive Health Care, Dental, and Vision
- Defined Contribution Retirement Plans
- 401(k) Plan with company match
- Capital Accumulation Plan (CAP) with company contribution
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 9/80 work schedule option
- Competitive Vacation and Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Continuing Education and Training
Equal Opportunity Employer: minority/female/disabled/veteran