Customer Account Advisor
Want to earn an extra $2,600 bonus just for being at work?
Inquire today to find out how you can easily start earning your $2,600 bonus!*
A career at Consumer Cellular means you are a part of something meaningful. You'll be surrounded by people you respect and be inspired to reach your professional and personal goals. You’ll be on-site at our Redmond, OR contact center assisting our customers over the phone. Partial remote work is available! By working at Consumer Cellular, you will be part of a team that has helped people have affordable and reliable phone service for over 20 years.
We’re smaller, easy-going, and like it that way. We bet you will, too. Inside our doors, you’ll find straight-up friendly people and jobs with growth potential. Our four locations support millions of customers — and all from within the USA. Grow fast with Consumer Cellular.
As a Customer Service Representative You Get to:
- Be the face of our company and handle incoming calls from our customers
- Work with a computer, headset, and a multitude of cell phones
- Translate techno-lingo into real world terms
- Change lives – what would you do without your cell phone?
- Make people smile (a lot!)
- Work on a team that thinks timeliness and punctuality are pretty darn important
- Have a chance to give back to the community through company organized events
- You’ll have some fun taking advantage of our ping pong table and shuffle board
- Hard work will be rewarded with bonuses, growth opportunities, and recognition
- Work with people that are just as passionate as you are about taking care of our customers
- 6+ months exceptional customer service experience
- Ability to commute to our Redmond, OR location
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Ability to meet the expectations of our attendance policy
- Must have basic computer skills/typing ability
- Aptitude to quickly learn and navigate new technology systems and applications
- Have stable employment history with a track record of success
- Must possess a professional and friendly attitude and be able to quickly develop a rapport with customers over the phone
- The ability to actively listen and communicate with our customers, like an expert
- Be able to multi-task and provide explanations in simple terms
- A basic understanding of cellular phones and cellular industry is preferred, but not necessary
- Affordable medical, dental, and vision coverage
- 401(k) match
- Employee wireless rate plan
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Flexible spending accounts (FSA)
- Employee rewards program
- Group life and AD&D benefits
- Education reimbursement
- Long-term disability
- Be here now and earn a $2,600 bonus! Here's three easy steps to a "We're Better Together Bonus":
- Work together with us
- Provide awesome service to our customers
- Earn an extra $2,600 OR MORE!*
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
About Consumer Cellular
Consumer Cellular is a top-rated wireless carrier that provides no-contract cellphones and service plans primarily to those 50+. The company has been an approved AARP Provider for over 10 years and offers AARP members special discounts on service. Founded 24 years ago on the belief that everyone should have affordable access to the safety and convenience of cellular service, Consumer Cellular is privately held with about 2,000 employees. The Portland, Ore.-based company utilizes the nation's largest voice and data networks, which covers more than 300 million people – or 99 percent of the U.S. population. Consumer Cellular's wireless phones and plans are sold nationwide at leading retailers such as Target, as well as direct to consumers at ConsumerCellular.com or (888) 345-5509. The company has been ranked on the Inc. 5000 list for 11 years in a row . Consumer Cellular received the highest score in the non-contract value segment of the J.D. Power 2016 (V2) – 2019 (V1) Wireless Non-Contract Customer Care Performance Studies of customers’ satisfaction with wireless customer care experience. Visit jdpower.com/awards. For cellphone tutorials, features, applications and company news, connect with Consumer Cellular on Facebook , Twitter and YouTube .
Pre-employment background check, employment history verification and drug screen is required.
Resumes may also be emailed to jobsRDM@consumercellular.com
*Ask us for more details!