Summer Intern 2021 - Associate Data Analyst
McKesson Corp is a Fortune 7 company and one of the largest providers of medicines, pharmaceutical supplies and health information technology (IT) products and services in the United States with revenues of $208.4 billion in 2018. The company was founded in 1833 by John McKesson and Charles Olcott in New York with a focus on importing and wholesaling pharmaceutical products. United by our ICARE values, McKesson's 78,000 employees work together every day to make better care possible for patients around the globe.
McKesson’s Intern program provides you with an opportunity to experience in the healthcare industry, first-hand. By applying your education to a real-life working environment, you will receive a solid foundation of experience as a McKesson intern in the Privileged Access Global Identity Services Team (GIS).
The Associate Data Analyst role will aggregate data from various sources to construct streamlined data pipelines and integrate data from multiple systems.
Intern Program Details:
- Paid Internship
- Full time / 10 weeks
- Positions will reside in Irving, TX
- No company-sponsored housing, relocation, student visa or Green Card assistance available
- This is a hands-on opportunity to gain practical experience in a dynamic and growing industry!
- The internship program also provides networking, access to executives, structured performance & coaching
- Training provided from vendors, subject matter experts, and computer-based training with certificate prep.
- Understand how to make data visually appealing and simple to both navigate and comprehend for end-users.
- Identify key business levers, establish cause & effect, perform analyses, and communicate key findings to various stakeholders to facilitate data-driven decision-making.
- Proactively participate in special projects/initiatives with teams like Finance, Marketing, IT etc.
- Lead and design documentation on current/future process and initiatives
- Help track performance of several corporate initiatives to report to internal business stakeholders and leadership.
- Computer programming experience of collecting data and analyzing insights using SQL, Snowflake or SAP HANA.
- Basic visualization experience using Tableau or other visualization tools.
- Demonstrated experience, familiarity and ease with handling large data sets and crunching numbers.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to translate complex problems into simpler terms, and effectively influence both peers and senior leadership.
- GPA: 3.0+
- Must be earning a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Math, Statistics or related field.
- General Office Demands
- As an equal opportunity employer, McKesson Corporation unites the talents and contributions of all to advance the power of healthcare.
- No agencies please.
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected Veteran status. Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history. If selected for the role, you will be required to successfully complete a background check and drug screen (including marijuana, where permitted) before starting work.
McKesson is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to McKessonTalentAquisition@McKesson.com. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted. Current employees must apply through the internal career site. Join as at McKesson!