WELL+GOOD: Defining and demystifying what it means to live a healthy life.
Well+Good believes that wellness and health should be attainable for all—and recognizes the many barriers that prevent that from becoming a reality. Sitting at the cross-section of trends, service, and evidence-based journalism, we work to inform, empower, and educate communities and individuals when it comes to fitness, mental health, beauty, food, relationships, finance, and all other ways your day-to-day impacts your ability to live well, while working to challenge the systems that could hold you (or others) back. Your well-being is a birthright. Wellness is how you get there.
Leaf Group is a diversified consumer internet company that builds enduring, creator-driven brands that reach passionate audiences in large and growing lifestyle categories, including fitness and wellness (Well+Good, Livestrong.com and MyPlate App), and art and design (Saatchi Art, Society6 and Hunker). For more information about Leaf Group, visit www.leafgroup.com.
We work in a fun, collaborative environment that is diverse, adventurous, and open-minded. We look for proactive, accountable people focused on continuous learning and growth to push themselves and our business forward. Check us out here: https://www.leafgroup.com/brands/
Well+Good is looking for an Editorial Intern to join our team (virtually).
A typical day as an Editorial Intern might include:
- Contribute to the site, pitching and writing articles about food, beauty, fitness, holistic health, and more.
- Assist the editors on a variety of tasks (including transcribing interviews, requesting samples, and research, producing articles in our CMS, among other responsibilities).
You’ll be successful if you are highly organized, have a can-do attitude, and you are passionate about learning and growing within the digital publishing industry.
What You Have:
- Available to work 10 hours/week remotely
- Passion about wellness
- Strong attention to detail
- Superb organizational and time management skills
- Ability to complete multiple tasks in a fast-moving environment
- Capable of meeting deadlines and working with daily time constraints
- Talent for anticipating needs
- Professional judgment for handling confidential information
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; professional telephone etiquette
- Adept at general administrative tasks like data entry and word processing
- Attention to detail and a can-do attitude
- Must be proficient with Google Sheets, Docs, and Calendar
- Not afraid to wear multiple hats—no task being too small or too large
- We're casual and informal but we work hard and work responsible; a pleasant and supportive demeanor goes a long way
Please send a resume and cover letter to executive editor Abbey Stone (email@example.com), cc’ing managing editor Sam Leal (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Use the subject line: “Intern Application: [Your Name]”
Who We Are:
We create experiences that celebrate the best of art, design, and technology. We want smart, curious people committed to putting people first, having fun while they work, a commitment to high quality service to make things better and a desire for constant growth. We work in a fun, hard-working collaborative environment that is diverse, adventurous, and open-minded. Check us out here: https://www.leafgroup.com/brands/
What We Have:
- Paid Internship
- Employee discounts for Saatchi Art, Society6, and Deny Designs
- Most importantly, hands-on experience within a fast-moving and fun environment
- Leaf Group is Built In LA's 2019 Best Companies to Work for in Los Angeles
- Leaf Group is Comparably's 2018 Best Company Los Angeles Award and 2017 Best Company for Diversity Award
- Well+Good is the 2018 winner of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Company Award
- MyPlate is the 2018 winner of the Webby Award for Best Design
Leaf Group, Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for all job openings are welcome and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any other basis protected by state, federal, or local law. It is the intent of the Company to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local legislation concerning equal opportunity in employment.
If the Leaf Group Talent Acquisition department, or any current company employee, receives an unsolicited resume from a third party recruiting agency and Leaf Group does not have a signed Agency Agreement active, Leaf Group will not be deemed liable to pay a placement fee. The unsolicited resume will be considered a gift and can be considered for our recruitment efforts.