- Develops mechanical and optomechanical products by studying system requirements. Evaluates products by designing and conducting research programs; applying principles of mechanics, thermodynamics, heat transfer, and materials.
- Develops manufacturing processes by designing and modifying equipment for fabricating, building, assembling, and installing components.
- Assures system and product quality by designing testing methods; testing finished- product and system capabilities; confirming fabrication, assembly, and installation processes and documentations
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- 3 plus years hand-on experiences in mechanical design with strong analytical skills. Proficient in Solid Works is a must.
- Experience with metals and specialty materials manufacturing. Experience with injection molding is a plus.
- Experience in opto-mechanical design a plus.
- Initiative, teamwork and good communication skills.
- Willing to travel to customer sites for support or other Metrohm facilities for collaborative work.