Digital Forensics Intern
Data Narro is looking for a motivated individual with an interest in digital forensics career. Candidates should be currently pursuing (or recently completed) a degree in Digital Forensics/Information Security, having completed specific coursework in digital forensics.
This position will assist our Forensics Team with all aspects of digital data preservation, capture, and analysis. Candidate will gain proficiency and become responsible for:
- Data acquisition from digital devices – including magnetic drives, solid-state drives, mobile devices, and IoT devices
- Data acquisition of remotely-stored information from Cloud and social media accounts
- Preserving data in a forensically sound manner, suitable for the purpose of investigation, litigation, and analysis
- Using advance techniques to retrieve data that is considered lost, deleted, or destroyed
- Analyzing and filtering data to produce digital evidence and responsive information
- Preparing data for use by clients, following relevant federal, state, and local guidelines
- Interfacing with popular eDiscovery document review platforms
This position requires an absolute attention to detail, with a strong ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal. Candidates are encouraged to apply ASAP as we have an immediate need for the fall semester. This position is located in downtown Milwaukee.
Part-Time, Paid Internship
Flexible Hours, 16-24 hours
Based on experience