Healthcare Data Analyst Intern- Indianapolis Health Practice
**Please apply for this position directly on our website using the following link:
Milliman is looking for a Healthcare Data Analyst Intern to support our consulting work with pharmaceutical manufacturers. As a Healthcare Data Analyst Intern, you will have an opportunity to work with a multi-disciplinary team to execute solutions using data-based approaches across a variety of coding platforms. Our solutions support pharmaceutical manufacturers’ strategies for their products. You will be part of a dynamic client delivery team and receive mentoring from colleagues on your team. Successful data analyst interns are problem solvers, have the ability to code (or willingness to learn), and are able to communicate technical results in a clear and concise manner.
Milliman is among the world’s largest independent consulting and actuarial firms. Our clients represent nearly every segment of stakeholders in the global healthcare system. The Indianapolis Health Practice consults for many of the top 20 pharmaceutical manufacturers, including 8 of the 10 largest companies. We leverage the expertise of all of our team members to address our pharmaceutical clients’ critical business questions. We have an entrepreneurial environment, which means your career will only be bound by your ability to execute on responsibilities, curiosity to develop additional skills, and ability to deliver client results.
Work sponsorship is not offered with this position.
- Analyze large, complex health and drug datasets
- Implement data analysis plans to address project objectives
- Learn and use coding languages to analyze data and check for reasonability of results
- Build user-friendly and dynamic Excel models
- Utilize strong problem solving skills
- Effectively communicate data analysis findings to the consulting team (verbally and written)
- Work efficiently in a multi-task environment
- Work both independently and collaboratively on projects
- Working toward a degree (Bachelors or Masters Degree) in mathematics, actuarial science, computer science, data science, statistics, economics, or other quantitative field
- Experience with Microsoft Excel or other similar software for quantitative analysis
- Experience with coding languages (eg SAS, R, VBA, SQL) and desire to learn more
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Organizational and time management skills
- Experience in application development and software implementation is a plus, but not required
Bachelor of Science or better.
0-2 years: Experience in coding languages (e.g., SAS, R, VBA, SQL) and desire to learn more
0-2 years: Experience with Microsoft Excel or other similar software for quantitative analysis
0-2 years: Experience with quantitative analysis using large data sets
Application Materials: Please attach your resume, unofficial transcript(s), and a cover letter for consideration.