Data Science Intern
WHO WE ARE
Artificial Intelligence is going to change the world. Just as electricity transformed numerous industries, AI is now poised to do the same and is at a similar inflection point. STEALTH is a venture studio founded by Ali Sina in 2017. Our portfolio companies utilize AI technology and applications to improve human existence and help solve planetary-scale problems in areas where humanity is failing and there is no obvious solution today. Our purpose is to build AI companies that move humanity forward.
Stealth is a one of a kind Venture Studio that’s building disruptive companies positioned to fundamentally change existing markets. We conceptualize, build & invest in AI startups & early stage technology companies that are disrupting the present in service of a better future. Our mission is to destroy the conventions, rules, orders of the past that are no longer sustainable & make space for something new.
Stealth will invest into large-scale cloud compute, attracting and retaining talented people, building AI supercomputers and startups that use AI to improve human life. As we grow these businesses, we also hope to help many of you enter the field of AI, and do the important work of building an AI-powered society.
Current portfolio hold over 300 companies including a disruptive EdTech platform that's reinventing the way we learn and work, a solar adoption platform that makes buying solar simple and affordable, a Crypto Asset Investment Fund, Cinema 4D, IoT-Laced Immersive Entertainment Experiences, a Smartphone App for side money gigs, and an AI research and Deployment company that’s advancing digital intelligence to improve human existence and move humanity forward.
Our goal is to build 1,000 companies by 2030.
Stealth startups span across 60 Sectors including TMT, EdTech, Clean Energy, BCI, VR, Robotics and Artificial Intelligence. We’re interested in tech startups that use AI to drastically improve life on this planet and make it more interesting.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for a talented Data Scientist that will help us discover the information hidden in vast amounts of data, and help us make smarter decisions to deliver even better products. Your primary focus will be in applying data mining techniques, doing statistical analysis, and building high quality prediction systems integrated with our products. Projects include: automate scoring using machine learning techniques, build recommendation systems, improve and extend the features used by our existing classifier, develop internal A/B testing procedures, build systems for automated fraud detection, etc.
- Selecting features, building and optimizing classifiers using machine learning techniques
- Data mining using state-of-the-art methods
- Extending company’s data with third party sources of information when needed
- Enhancing data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems
- Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
- Doing ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner
- Creating automated anomaly detection systems and constant tracking of its performance
- Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as k-NN, Naive Bayes, SVM, Decision Forests, etc.
- Experience with common data science toolkits, such as R, Weka, NumPy, MatLab, etc . Excellence in at least one of these is highly desirable
- Great communication skills
- Experience with data visualization tools, such as D3.js, GGplot, etc.
- Proficiency in using query languages such as SQL, Hive, Pig
- Experience with NoSQL databases, such as MongoDB, Cassandra, HBase
- Good applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.
- Good scripting and programming skills
- Data-oriented personality
We have a collaborative environment where we discuss challenges and ideas openly. Everything from quick design questions, philosophic discussions, to fun ideas for our technology – nothing is off limits. At Stealth , you have the utmost creative freedom to work on your passions, and be able to make a significant impact early on. We want our team to think unconventionally, be creative, and find elegant solutions to problems that are yet unsolved. We are an engineering-driven organization; everyone here makes product decisions.
This will be more than a job, by working at Stealth you’re part a network of resources, opportunities, people and ideas that will last you a lifetime. We’re building a world that hires, works, lives and thinks differently and we're excited to share that with you.
QUALITIES WE LOOK FOR
- Aptitude. We value potential as much as experience. Many of our top contributors had no AI experience prior to Stealth . People learn the skills they need while also performing useful work along the way.
- Team Player. AI is a team sport, and we appreciate people who are exceptionally thoughtful and nice.
- Accountability: an obligation or willingness to accept responsibility or to account for one's actions while doing so with the highest regard for integrity.
- Leadership: able to influence others to follow you and lead the team to a brighter future.
- Grit: able to stick with projects and work hard through good and bad times. High pain tolerance and can perform well under stress or pressure.
- Ownership orientation: Demonstrated orientation of extreme ownership over all aspects of the company.
- Solution Oriented: Helps to identify the source of a question or challenge and provide the right, or a better, way of doing things.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Can you impress customers and be clearly understood as well as persuade them to work with us?
- Strong verbal and written communications. You should be able to effectively communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Analytical and result-oriented. You are mission driven, but also and extremely results-oriented. You go above and beyond to meet your goals.
- Determination and Scrappiness. You don’t give up easily.You take initiative and proactively get things done with low resources, but thinking creatively and doing what is needed in an ambiguous environment or situation.
- Strong work ethic. All of us believe in our work’s ability to change human lives, and consequently work not just smart, but also hard.
- Growth mindset. We are eager to teach you new skills and invest in your continual development. But learning is hard work, so this is something we hope you’ll want to do.
- One Team Mentality. We care and watch out for each other. We’re humble individually and go after big goals together.
- Flexibility. You should be flexible in your tasks and do whatever is needed, ranging from lower-level tasks like scheduling to high level recruiting strategy.
- Mission-driven. People at Stealth care deeply about building AI in a way that benefits humanity.
- Thoughtful. Building powerful technologies with the potential to impact society requires deep reflection and discussion.
- Collaborative. Many of our biggest advances grew out of work done across multiple teams.
- Goal-oriented. We move both quickly and deliberately to balance research and engineering objectives.
- Growth mindset. We believe in the power of feedback and encourage a mindset of continuous learning and growth.
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Collaborate with friendly, talented people with diverse backgrounds
- Fun and exciting projects to choose from
- Flexible schedule
- Projects/work tailored towards your interest
- Make contacts across multiple industries who can help you in your career
- Get Exposure, Boost Your reputation
- Build impressive and extensive portfolio and gain real life experience working with diverse teams
- Academic Credit | Students may receive course credit. Staff will work with the school/advisor on achieving desired learning outcomes and completing all necessary paperwork.
- STEALTH PASS | Get exclusive access to STEALTH's Platforms and launch your career with the help of our amazing resources. With the Startup X program, you'll learn the ins-and-outs of startups, practice what you've learned with Forkaia, and launch your own business with PANDA accelerator. Plus, our Launchpad program is designed to get you started on your career path. All in all, STEALTH is unmatched in its ability to provide students with everything they need to create a successful future!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
At STEALTH, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. STEALTH believes that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as a company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. Selection for employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.