Airport Emergency Management Coordinator
San Francisco International Airport (SFO) seeks a motivated individual to interpret federal standards to develop and implement emergency procedures, manuals for all SFO staff including tenants; conduct annual airplane crash, incident and general domestic preparedness exercises; assess relevant technologies to implement improvements for SFO’s response procedures and remedial trainings and execute trainings; may serve as liaison to Transportation Security Administration (TSA), Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), and Airport staff, Federal Inspection Services, San Francisco Department of Emergency Management, San Mateo County Office of Emergency Services, airlines, tenants and emergency relief organizations when coordinating exercises, program support, operational protocols and standard operating procedures and perform other duties as assigned. See official job posting for more details.
Possession of a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university.
Three (3) years of emergency management and/or business continuity planning experience.
License and Certification
One (1) year of journey level electrician experience and possession of a valid California (Class C) driver license.
- Education Substitution: Additional qualifying full-time work experience (2000 hours equal one year) as described above may substitute up to two (2) years of the required education. One (1) year of work experience equals to 30 semester units or 45 quarter units.
- Experience Substitution: One (1) year of airport or airline operations experience may substitute for the required experience as described above on a year for year basis up to two (2) years (2000 hours equal one year).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Completion of Incident Command System (ICS) certification classes (100, 200, 300, 400, 700, and 800).
- Demonstrated experience in EOC management and/or support functions; training program development and implementation; emergency planning and/or business continuity program development and management; emergency management; airport operations or airline emergency response; and with business continuity planning or COOP.