Fall Internship - Events Production
The mission of the Member Engagement Department is to identify new members and cultivate, steward and increase commitments of existing relationships between The WGBH Educational Foundation and its membership. This department enables WGBH to carry out our public media mission by raising contributions from individuals through our annual Auctions, the Business Member Partner Program, volunteer programming, and special events (now taking place virtually). Member Engagement also works to form donor relationships with local companies and organizations that share a common value and commitment to the education and cultural enrichment of our community.
WGBH Event Production interns will be responsible for assisting Event Producers on all details surrounding our virtual events throughout the fall.
- Research and deliver presentations on event themes, hosts, speakers, talent etc.
- Formatting and basic writing of documents including but not limited to: scripts, landing page text, email marketing etc.
- Collaborate to brainstorm, host and produce a series of virtual events for the interns and our member engagement staff throughout the semester
- Partake in virtual event practices leading up to the events, fulfilling roles such as host, panelist, audience member, etc.
- Partake in a variety of virtual events either on the backend of zoom, or alternatively in the zoom audience- tracking data related to each event
- Design imagery for event promotion
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills (please include 2-3 brief writing samples)
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and take initiative with minimal supervision on projects
- Detail-oriented with a high level of organization and time management
- Ability to think quick and implement solutions to unexpected challenges
- Strong computer skills – familiarity with Mac computers, InDesign, PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Zoom programs preferred.
- Must have availability on occasional evenings and weekends each month to assist with events
Internship (Part-time 10- 15 hours)
WGBH internships provide students with valuable work experience and real-world knowledge across many different fields of study, from TV and radio production, to web design, accounting, law, and other administrative arenas.
FALL 2020 INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
- Fall 2020 Virtual Internship dates: September 14th - December 18th.
- You must have cover letters for each internship that you are applying to.
- Candidates must have their own computer and access to Wifi.
- Candidates must be in an Undergrad or Grad program and have work authorization for the United States.
To learn more about our program follow us on Instagram: