Assistant Production Manager
Assistant Production Manager - Brilliant Earth, San Francisco
Brilliant Earth is one of the fastest growing e-commerce jewelers in the world, and the global leader in ethically sourced fine jewelry. Founded in 2005, we have been featured in Time, The Knot, Forbes, and Refinery29, among many other media outlets. We are a group of dedicated team members with a common goal of creating a more sustainable, transparent, and compassionate jewelry industry.
We are searching for bright and passionate people who are excited to make an impact from day one and grow with the company to take on greater responsibility over time. We are hard-working team players that welcome challenges and rise to any occasion. Our community of collaboration, respect and encouragement is fostered by frequent team events, cross-departmental meetings and celebrating our wins, big and small. Brilliant Earth team members bring a top-notch attitude and a willingness to help each other grow. For more insight into our work environment and culture, and to hear from our employees, check out our profile on the Muse!
Everyone at Brilliant Earth has a voice – we want to hear yours! If you are interested in growing with Brilliant Earth, send us a resume and cover letter letting us know why you are interested in joining our mission and our team. Please include a sentence about your favorite shape of diamond.
We are seeking a results-driven, innovative and passionate leader to serve in the role of Assistant Production Manager within our Operations team for Brilliant Earth. The primary objectives of this position are to maximize efficiency, quality, and customer experience critical to Brilliant Earth’s success, while developing strong vendor relationships. You will be responsible for vendor management functions within the Operations Department: managing day to day vendor relations, while maintaining strong relationships with our partners. You will be an instrumental leader of our operations team, which is dedicated to delivering excellence from the time a customer places an order to the moment a customer opens their package.
The ideal person for this role thrives in fast-paced startup environments and has demonstrated an ability to be effective with finite resources. We have a social and environmental mission at the core of our company and are looking for someone who is enthusiastic about helping us achieve our social goals, as well as our business goals. This role is in-office at our San Francisco location.
What you’ll do:
- Manage relationships with partners and vendors, including developing new relationships, managing day to day vendor interactions, and handling or directing escalations.
- Continually improve purchasing with respect to the company’s quality, delivery and cost objectives.
- Ensure product supply chain is well developed and maintained to ensure a superior customer experience, timeliness, and a high level of efficiency.
- Quality assure incoming product to ensure highest quality standard is met by vendors.
- Formulate and implement systems, policies and procedures to ensure smooth operation of business.
- Proactively seek and deliver process improvements to improve department efficiency and accuracy.
- Coordinate and allocate tasks and resources to ensure general operations run smoothly with vendors.
- Assist with team management, including training, measuring team success and maintaining a positive, team-oriented culture.
You’re a great fit if you have:
- BA degree or equivalent, preferred
- Experience with vendor management
- Experience with inventory/ supply chain/ production in a product, retail, or ecommerce company
- Experience leading or managing teams to achieve results, including coaching and developing for career growth opportunities
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external partners
- Attention to detail, organization and time management skills to prioritize and follow-through on tasks and projects
- A focus on execution, problem solving, and improving processes
- Ability to think critically and adapt quickly in a flexible environment
- Collaborative, team-player mindset
- Entrepreneurial spirit / self-starter
- Robust computer skills, including knowledge of ERP/inventory systems (NetSuite a plus)
- Desire to foster a positive, team-oriented work environment
- Interest in socially and environmentally responsible organizations and products
Please note that the recruiting and onboarding process may be delayed for this position. We appreciate your flexibility and understanding as we continue to evaluate the rapidly evolving COVID-19 situation. View our most recent COVID-19 related updates here.
Brilliant Earth offers a competitive, robust benefits package. As a full-time Brilliant Earth employee, you can choose to enroll in medical, dental and vision insurance plans, 401(k) plan with matching contribution, and commuter benefits. We offer paid parental leave, an open PTO policy, and an employee discount on our products. Employees of Brilliant Earth have access to an Employee Assistance Program which includes mental health counseling, and can participate in regular wellness events led by the culture team.
Brilliant Earth recognizes the value of diversity and inclusion on our team, as we work together to reinvent fine jewelry in a thoughtful and modern way. At Brilliant Earth, we celebrate each other – our successes, the lessons along the way, and the unique perspectives each individual brings to our team. It is our intent to maintain a work environment and hiring process which is free of harassment or discrimination because of sex, race, religion, color, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal, State or local laws. We are committed to complying with all Federal, State and local laws providing Equal Employment Opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations.