Mandarin-Speaking HR Generalist
Thinktown America, the American-based division of Thinktown Education, is seeking a motivated Mandarin-Speaking HR Generalist to work full-time in our New York office. The responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Design and implement recruitment strategy based on given demand
· Post jobs on our website, career sites, and other hiring related platforms
· Screen applications, schedule interviews, and conduct follow-up communications
· Represent company at recruitment events and career fairs
· Procure all required new hire documents and guide new hires through onboarding process
· Provide support to employees in various HR-related topics such as leaves and compensation
· Maintain employee files and records, keeping HR Department (Hangzhou, China) updated
· Promote HR programs to create an equal, efficient and collaborative workplace
· Collect and analyze data with useful HR metrics, like time to hire and employee turnover rates
· Develop and implement human resource policies
· Assist with day to day office communication and administrative duties
Current employee benefits and perks include, but are not limited to:
· Competitive medical, vision, and dental insurance packages
· Commuter benefits plus supplemental insurance plans
· Flexible working hours, five sick days, and two weeks of paid vacation
· Fun team-bonding activities and events
· Potential travel opportunities to Chinese offices
The ideal candidate applying for this position should have:
· Fluency in Mandarin (written, spoken, and reading)
· A bachelor’s degree in art history, arts administration, or related field (master’s degree preferred) An interest in education and business with an entrepreneurial spirit
· Exceptional organizational and multi-tasking skills
· Ability to support and collaborate with a small team
· Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
· Positive energy and results-driven attitude
· Flexibility, timeliness, and dependability
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office
· Anticipated start date: Immediate/Open to 2020 and 2021 graduates
Opened in 2009, THINKTOWN Education is an international organization that provides one-stop education solutions for students in grades 6-12. We specialized in the services like test preparation, academic improvement, and holistic educational development and consulting, particularly for students who are currently studying or planning to study at institutions of higher education in the United States. Over the past ten years we have served over 22,000 students and their families in more than 2,200 schools worldwide.
Thinktown’s Multi-Role System: Background and Company Culture
With two headquarters in New York City and Hangzhou, and four satellite offices in New Jersey, Beijing, Shanghai and Shenzhen, Thinktown now has more than 600 full-time employees globally, about 30 of them locate in New York and New Jersey. Given that Thinktown is still in a start-up period in the US and is growing rapidly, we are expecting every newly join employee to take multiple roles and develop all-round capabilities, while at the same time offering them more opportunities and choices for their career development and help them become future leaders in the company and the industry.
This Multi-Role System is also a product of our highly-collaborative Company Culture. At Thinktown, we view our team as a football team and everyone acts as a team player, our success is based on everyone’s responsibility for their own part and also the willingness to share with and help other team members.
To apply for this position, please click the link here and fill out the required information to complete your application. Please indicate your preferred roles in the application form.
Thinktown America is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and supportive environment for all employees.