Join the Texas Association of School Boards (TASB) for a truly unique experience!
We are currently seeking a Certified Teacher, on a part-time, temporary basis, for facilitating a learning pod at the Association’s headquarters in Austin, Texas. These learning pods are to provide small group learning assistance for elementary-age children of TASB employees as they attend to the remote learning requirements directed by their home campus.
The Certified Teacher is primarily responsible for coordinating and/or facilitating the remote instruction that has been provided by the student’s home campus(es).
- Ensure the student can access the provided lesson plans and provide or obtain appropriate assistance.
- Assist with identifying and availing appropriate activities, materials, equipment, and technology that align with the remote learning requirements provided by the student’s home campus.
- Conduct assessment of student progress and provide appropriate reports to Director and student’s parent(s).
- Engage special education expertise to ensure assistance is provided as per the established Individual Education Plans (IEP).
- Work with other members of staff to verify instructional goals, objectives, and methods according to district requirements.
- Plan and assign work to aide(s) and oversee completion.
Student Growth and Development
- Conduct ongoing assessment of student achievement through feedback mechanisms provided by the student’s home campus.
- Be a positive role model for students; support TASB’s mission and the guiding principles as provided by the student’s home campus.
Learning Center Management and Organization
- Create classroom environment conducive to learning and appropriate for the physical, social, and emotional development of students.
- Manage student behavior in accordance with The Corner School Codes of Conduct.
- Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Assist in identifying and coordinating required supplies including books, equipment, and other instructional materials.
- Compile, maintain, and file all reports, records, and other documents as required.
- Create and maintain a warm and inviting atmosphere filled with empathy, compassion, and kindness.
- Establish and maintain a professional relationship and open communication with parents, students, and colleagues.
Professional Growth and Development
- Participate in staff development activities to improve job-related skills.
- Comply with organizational regulations and policies.
- Attend and participate in faculty meetings and serve on staff committees as required.
- Follow facility safety protocols and emergency procedures.
May direct the work of assigned instructional aide(s).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of grade-level curriculum assigned
- Knowledge of curriculum and instruction to include remote instruction
- Ability to instruct students and manage their behavior
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in common computing applications, including accessing the Internet, conferencing, device applications, peripherals such as computer audio, headphones, microphones, and printers
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Valid Texas teaching certificate
- Demonstrated competency in grade-level curriculum assigned
- Requires pre-employment background check and educational verification
- This position operates in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and copiers
- Must be able to work a consistent schedule, Monday through Friday
- Position involves frequent walking, sitting, prolonged standing, frequent kneeling/squatting, bending/stooping, pushing/pulling, and twisting
- May be required to lift and move up to 15 lbs. at a time
- Maintain emotional control under stress
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties
TASB is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate on the basis of an individual's race, color, disability, religion, sex, national origin, or age. TASB does not sponsor H-1B visas. This position is subject to a background check. Any job offer is contingent upon receipt of results of a satisfactory background check.