Trading Operations Analyst (SINGAPORE)
Virtu is a leading financial firm that leverages cutting edge technology to deliver liquidity to the global markets and innovative, transparent trading solutions to our clients. As a market maker, Virtu provides deep liquidity that helps to create more efficient markets around the world. Our market structure expertise, broad diversification, and execution technology enables us to provide competitive bids and offers in over 19,000 securities, at over 235 venues, in 36 countries worldwide.
Our Operations Analysts are responsible for managing the clearance, settlement, and reconciliation of trades and positions on behalf of trade desks across the firm. Operations Analysts work closely with traders, finance, compliance, brokers and custodians, and firm customers to ensure timely settlement of trades, accuracy of books and records, and avoidance of unanticipated risk to both the firm and its customers.
This team also has the opportunity to work closely with software engineers to further automate and enhance robustness of the firm’s operations workflows and to enable trading and customer offerings in new markets and asset classes. Operations Analysts not only become experts in the logistics and mechanics of trade clearance and settlement, but they also play a crucial role in the ability of the firm to conduct trading efficiently and safely, perform challenging and stimulating data analysis, and participate in the architecture of new systems and controls. This is a great role for a candidate looking to start a career in the financial industry, or for a candidate already in the early stages of a career in this space who is looking for a more challenging role with greater responsibility.
- Excellent academic background. All majors welcome but ones with a quantitative lean preferred (computer science, math, sciences, economics and related fields).
- Programming experience strongly preferred. SQL and Python are used by most Operations Analysts at Virtu to work more efficiently. Prior experience in these or other programming languages are strongly preferred and will be tested.
- Outstanding quantitative problem‐solving skills
- The ability to communicate information precisely and with agility to parties both internal and external.
- A "physicalizer"; a person who identifies issues and creates solutions without rigid direction or fanfare
- Highly motivated and tenacious individual, with a proven ability to take initiative and work independently and within a team
- Team player: authentic, genuine person who is capable of working collective goals.
- No finance background is necessary.