Development & Marketing Assistant - Internship
Catholic Charities calls the community to action to join us in addressing the root causes of poverty, hunger, and homelessness by serving, educating, and empowering all those in need.
In the office of Development and Marketing, our goal is continue raising awareness and funds to meet our agency’s goals so that we may continue our work in the community. This is done through cultivating our relationship with current and prospective donors, through events, and engaging the community via social media and other means of communication.
- Contacting local vendors to place orders for event items
- Handwriting thank you cards for donors
- Maintaining our donor reporting database, Raiser’s Edge, for accurate donor information
- Creating content to be posted via social media and email through Design Pickle and Canva
- Updating the website
- Proof reading and editing content/stories to be posted on our website and Facebook page
- Assisting with correspondence with donors, the community, and event attendees via phone calls, emails, and Facebook Messenger
- Taking photos at events to be posted
What makes a successful intern?
- Bilingual preferred (English & Spanish), but not required
- High level of tech savvy
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (in-person & over the phone)
- Having an attitude of helpfulness and courtesy
- High level of computer savvy & an intermediate level of data-entry abilities
- Organizational skills
- Problem solving & critical thinking skills
- Willingness to be trained as needed