Office Manager – Brilliant Earth
Brilliant Earth is one of the fastest growing e-commerce jewelers in the world, and the global leader in ethically sourced fine jewelry. Founded in 2005, we have been featured in Time, The Knot, Forbes, and Refinery29, among many other media outlets. We are a group of dedicated team members with a common goal of creating a more sustainable, transparent, and compassionate jewelry industry.
We are searching for bright and passionate people who are excited to make an impact from day one and grow with the company to take on greater responsibility over time. We are hard-working team players that welcome challenges and rise to any occasion. Our community of collaboration, respect and encouragement is fostered by frequent team events, cross-departmental meetings and celebrating our wins, big and small. Brilliant Earth team members bring a top-notch attitude and a willingness to help each other grow. For more insight into our work environment and culture, and to hear from our employees, check out our profile on the Muse!
Everyone at Brilliant Earth has a voice – we want to hear yours! If you are interested in growing with Brilliant Earth, send us a resume and cover letter letting us know why you are interested in joining our mission and our team. Please include a sentence about your favorite shape of diamond.
We are seeking a bright, proactive and energetic Office Manager to join our San Francisco team. The Office Manager is at the forefront off all things related to maintaining a productive, efficient, enjoyable and safe working environment. You will manage all aspects of the office, including but not limited to managing facilities maintenance, I.T. troubleshooting, and keeping a close eye on anything and everything that affects the safety, performance and well-being of the staff, both internally and externally.
The Office Manager is adept at leading and managing a variety of simultaneous projects, which requires the particular talent of being able to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization. You will have growing ownership over a wide variety of functions including managing the day-to-day operations of the San Francisco office, managing Personal Protective Equipment for all 8 of our locations to ensure employee safety & wellbeing, providing administrative/technical assistance to the staff, supporting the initiatives of functional departments, and developing and promoting our unique culture, including a remote workforce.
You will have the opportunity to have a clear impact on the company’s growth and culture while developing your problem solving and project management skills. Ideal candidates will thrive in a fast-paced startup environment and be organized, proactive and driven. This role is in-office at our San Francisco location.
What you’ll do:
- Consistently work to improve the office environment providing a safe, productive and welcoming workspace for all departments and employees utilizing forward thinking and creative problem-solving techniques.
- Recommend allocation of department office space and configurations.
- Purchase and maintain inventory of office furniture and fixtures, equipment, house-keeping functions, and all office supplies- including managing and tracking the annual/monthly budget.
- Source and purchase personal protective equipment (PPE) for all 8 Brilliant Earth locations, while working closely with our safety officers on the ground to ensure safety policies & procedures are being upheld.
- Execute and organize equipment and office maintenance service contracts and visits.
- Interface with all facilities vendors – such as building mgmt. or security company – while maintaining cordial relationships to ensure satisfactory services.
- Create and maintain a seamless onboarding experience for all new hires, including those that are working from home. Cultivate a positive experience that starts on day one and continues through the employment lifecycle.
- Provide Information Technology assistance, which requires technical troubleshooting and managing repairs/site visits from our service provider and telephone company in partnership with our IT consulting team.
- Manage the budget and inventory of all computers, hardware, software and the ordering and installation of new hire equipment.
- Keep a pulse on community happenings and communicate city and community events that will affect the staff in any way – e.g. BART strike, Presidential visits.
- Contribute to the development and sustainability of the overall company culture, including our remote workforce.
You’re a great fit if you have:
- BA degree (preferred)
- 2+ years of experience in a similar role preferred
- Experience in vendor/building management
- Experience in space planning/project management in a growing office environment
- Experience in budgeting and tracking expenses
- Proven ability to prioritize and meet strict deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- High level of attention to detail and follow through
- Ability to adapt quickly in a flexible environment while making an impact utilizing creative problem-solving skills
- Self-starter mindset with a roll up your sleeves and get the job done attitude
- Exceptional time management skills and accountability in the role
- Integrity, discretion and ethical behavior in all work situations
- Dependability and an excellent work ethic, able to work occasional extended hours and on-call weekends
- Strong PC/MS Office Computer skills
- Interest in socially and environmentally responsible organizations and products
Please note that the recruiting and onboarding process may be delayed for this position. We appreciate your flexibility and understanding as we continue to evaluate the rapidly evolving COVID-19 situation. View our most recent COVID-19 related updates here.
Brilliant Earth offers a competitive, robust benefits package. As a full-time Brilliant Earth employee, you can choose to enroll in medical, dental and vision insurance plans, 401(k) plan with matching contribution, and commuter benefits. We offer paid parental leave, an open PTO policy, and an employee discount on our products. Employees of Brilliant Earth have access to an Employee Assistance Program which includes mental health counseling, and can participate in regular wellness events led by the culture team.
Brilliant Earth recognizes the value of diversity and inclusion on our team, as we work together to reinvent fine jewelry in a thoughtful and modern way. At Brilliant Earth, we celebrate each other – our successes, the lessons along the way, and the unique perspectives each individual brings to our team. It is our intent to maintain a work environment and hiring process which is free of harassment or discrimination because of sex, race, religion, color, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal, State or local laws. We are committed to complying with all Federal, State and local laws providing Equal Employment Opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations.