POSITION: Merchandise Assistant
FUNCTION OF THE JOB
To assist one or more Buyers with functional and administrative support.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Data entry related to purchase orders, items, pricing and marketing.
• Document creation involving internal business specifics, vendor communications and travel.
• Communicate with internal partners using company approved communication tools, email and phone.
• General office maintenance: ordering supplies, merchandise sample management, office organization and filing.
• Direct communication with outside vendors.
• Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
There are no supervisory responsibilities for this position.
· Must have adequate vision, speech, hearing and physical ability to perform essential job functions, with or without reasonable accommodations.
· Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds.
· Must have full body rotation and mobility (i.e., bending, stooping, etc.).
· 2-year degree required.
· Retail experience preferred.
· Must possess excellent written and verbal communications skills.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
· Fluent in English.