Communications Senior Student Associate, UT Energy Institute
Communications & External Relations Senior Associate, UT Energy Institute
The Energy Institute at the University of Texas at Austin is seeking a part-time Senior Student Associate graduate student worker for the Fall 2020-Spring 2021 semesters to assist with communications, writing, social media and research. The Energy Institute (EI) facilitates interdisciplinary energy research and engagement across all colleges and departments at UT. EI connects the expertise of UT’s top-ranked programs including engineering, business, geology, natural sciences, law, and public policy to catalyze innovation around key energy issues.
Work closely with the staff of EI to assist in all areas of external relations; including communications, marketing/digital design, social media management, media relations, events/conferences, and writing. Other components of the role include supporting activities for the EI advisory board and EI members and partners.
- Graduate student in good academic standing.
- Ideal candidates are driven, self-starters with the ability to grasp complex subject matter quickly and work well within teams.
- Demonstrated interest and background in energy policy or issues.
- Experience with strategic engagement and content on social media platforms such as Twitter and Facebook.
- Experience with direct contact programs including MailChimp and Qualtrics.
- Excellent organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail.
- Strong research and writing skills.
- Experience managing multiple projects and the ability to handle competing deadlines.
- Willingness to perform a variety of duties and keep track of work for reporting to supervisors of progress.
- Ability to work independently and remotely in a fast-paced environment.
- Previous experience working in communications, public affairs, government, media, or similar organization.
- Background in media or public relations
- Experience working with principals and high-level officials in an office environment.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and one writing sample.
Anticipated Start Date: September 1, 2020 (Position can be remote until Energy Institute staff resume work on campus.)