Personal Financial Representative-Brodie Location
About the Job
As a Personal Financial Representative, you will engage with our Members and prospective Members to identify needs and educate them on products and services that will improve their financial wellbeing and quality of life. Eager to build strong, long-term meaningful relationships, our Personal Financial Representatives have a passion for exceptional Member service. Personal Financial Representatives strive to provide a caring and exceptional Member experience by effectively communicating with Members to understand Member needs, identifying product and service needs, identifying solutions, and resolving Member requests and issues.
Primary work location:
Brodie Financial Center
9925 Brodie Ln
Austin, TX 78748-5612
As Austin’s largest locally-owned financial institution, University Federal Credit Union is a financial institution owned by, dedicated to, and always working for our Members. Our mission at UFCU is simple: to provide for the well-being of our Members. We’re proud to focus on people — not profits. We deliver fair and honest products and outstanding service, and we work collaboratively within our organization as well as our community to help Members achieve their personal and financial goals.
Consistently receiving awards as the Best Credit Union and Best Mortgage Lender, UFCU is proud of its people-first culture. We value our employees as much as our Members. We offer an environment where people care about each other – like family. If you want to love what you do, make an impact in your community, and have the power to help people change their lives – then we’re glad you’re here.
Essential Functions of the Job
- Open savings, checking and deposit accounts as well as Certificate of Deposits
- Educate members on Credit Reviews and Needs Assessments
- Accept and input consumer and business loans
- Communicate UFCU’s Mission, Vision, and Values
- Serve as the Lobby Lead
- Maintain branch appearance
- Follow-up on member issues
- Refer fraud claims to experts
- Provide online and mobile support
- Increase Automated Teller Machine limits
- Release check holds
- Provide notary services
- Conduct Signature Guarantees
- Complete wire transfers
- Validate vehicle values
- Manage account restrictions and pop-up concerns, and add travel notes on member accounts
- Partner with Collections for members who are past due
- Problem solve and facilitate connecting members with internal business partners
- Process service requests and financial transactions
- Process stop payments via check, ACH and/or Cashier’s Checks
- Process ATM and Point-of-Service transaction disputes
- Set-up and grant access to safe deposit box
- Print documents, including Debit/ATM cards, vehicle buyer’s checks, temporary checks, Statements, and direct deposit letters
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes.
- Complete required regulatory training as assigned.
- Maintain strict adherence and compliance to all laws, rules, regulations and internal controls specific to your role, including but not limited to Bank Secrecy Act, Anti-Money Laundering, USA Patriot Act, OFAC and Fair Lending regulation.
- Make external business partner referrals
- Host tables at and attend community events
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to effectively build relationships, establish rapport, and diplomatically communicate information
- Effective active listening skills
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills
- Ability to be adaptable and work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to demonstrate good judgement and effective problem solving skills to help identify and resolve Member issues
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to demonstrate excellent teamwork skills by treating others with respect, courtesy, and displaying a “what can I do to help?” attitude
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Ability to successfully pass pre-employment background screening, including FBI fingerprint, credit, education, and employment verification
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum of one (1) year of demonstrated success selling products within a financial services industry or retail banking environment
- Minimum of two (2) years of customer service experience
- Minimum of one (1) year working in a team environment
- Advanced knowledge of current local, state, and federal regulations
- English/Spanish bilingual
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Credit Union experience
- Series 6, 63, and/or Texas Life and Health Insurance licenses
- Registered NMLS
- Investment license
- Consumer lending experience
- General knowledge of applicable financial industry regulations
- Military experience
Monday through Friday from 10am to 7pm, and on Saturday from 9am to 2pm.
About This Career Opportunity
We’re always looking for great talent. If you’re looking for a career with a socially conscious, service-oriented organization and want to have fun while you’re at it, join our UFCU team!
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)