National Field and Advocacy Fellow
The Latina Institute seeks a committed, experienced individual who is passionate about Latina/x issues to support our Community Mobilization (CM) department work, specifically with our field teams in NY, FL, VA, TX. The Community Mobilization department leads our on-the-ground community organizing and leadership development work along with building a national network of organizational partners and special initiatives related to civic engagement, movement building, advocacy, and activism. The Community Mobilization department seeks to build the power of Latina/xs throughout the country through deep community organizing, civic engagement and leadership development to create mechanisms for Latina/xs to influence public policy and build community support for reproductive justice.
Reporting to the Director of Field and Advocacy, the ideal candidate will assist with the day to day workflow of our ongoing campaign initiatives as well as supporting our power building work in our priority states. We are looking for a committed individual who is passionate about organizing to elevate Latina/x power in our communities. We are seeking a skilled individual with experience working with diverse communities, who is highly motivated in a fast-paced environment.
Position Location: Metro Washington DC area; this position will be remote for the foreseeable future.
Campaign & Program planning and coordination
- Under the Director of Field and Advocacy, supports campaign work across departments, including Government Relations and Public Affairs, Development and Administration by
- Coordinating and attending state team campaign strategy meetings and assisting with notetaking and scheduling.
- Assist with drafting both internal and external communication regarding campaign work, including internal email communication and facilitating posting on social media.
- Support with coordination of calendar for Director of Field and Advocacy as it relates to organizational campaign work.
- Conduct research of issue areas related to Latina Institute campaigns.
- Assist with assessment and evaluation phase of campaign work.
- Assist with follow-up for campaign and community outreach efforts.
- Other operational duties as assigned.
- Well-organized, detail-oriented, and self-motivated.
- Strong written and interpersonal, communication, and relationship-building skills.
- Ability to work well individually and as part of a team.
- Comfort with Microsoft Office applications, web searches, email, and computers.
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines.
- Positive attitude and has fun while working efficiently.
- Discretion and integrity to work with and maintain confidentiality of sensitive personal information.
- A passion for civic engagement, politics, or social change.
- Ability to connect with people of varying backgrounds.
- Self-starter, detail-oriented, and adaptive personality.
- Strong time management skills.
- Bilingual proficiency: English/Spanish is a plus.