Vice President of Accounting and Finance
We are a 360-degree, full-service advertising agency with offices in Dallas, New York, Los Angeles, Miami, Portland, Kansas City, and Panama City, Panama. We believe in teamwork, client collaboration, powerful storytelling, stunning design, and thoughtful problem-solving. We are a full 360° company that provides strategy, design and production across all channels. Because our clients represent a breadth of industries, every project presents fun, new and interesting challenges. We are committed to process, working smart and enjoying the work we do.
We are currently looking for a Vice President of Accounting and Finance for our Dallas, TX office.
The Vice President of Accounting and Finance will be responsible for direct supervision of all accounting and financial functions. Primary responsibilities include supervision of the monthly close process, monthly, quarterly and annual billings to clients for services provided, billing reimbursements from clients, collection of accounts receivable, supervising accounts payable, payroll, monthly reporting for senior management, monthly preparation of a reforecast, annual preparation of a budget, assist in the preparation of quarterly tax projections and annual tax return preparation and all treasury administration. The VP will also be part of the management team that creates and implements policies and procedures to identify, resolve and document accounting issues in addition to creating procedures to make the close and reporting processes more efficient and accurate.
- Review and recording of journal entries required to reflect the monthly activity
- Preparation of monthly financial statements and related footnotes
- Preparation of the year to date cash flow
- Preparation of annual budget
- Preparation of workpapers supporting the annual tax return
- Coordinate the preparation of annual tax return with outside CPA firm
- Implement a process to record transactions by department and compare costs incurred to budget and performance analysis of profit centers
- Preparation of documentation supporting the monthly close process and month end balances
- Review monthly accounting close process including analytical review of the monthly operating results to ensure accurate accounting records are maintained
- Perform cash projections to effectively manage cash balances and maximize the return on any excess cash balances
- Preparation of monthly reforecast incorporating historical results and future assumptions
- Oversight of preparation of semi-monthly payroll
- Supervision of all accounts payable processed. Includes corporate payables, and supervision of payables at each office (including media payables)
- Review of expenses incurred on behalf of multiple entities such as software costs, accounting services, analytical services, etc.
- Maintenance of fixed asset records for coordinate quarterly inventory of fixed assets with the information technology department
- Implement, document and maintain adequate and effective internal controls
- Implement, document and maintain adequate and effective processes to improve the close and reporting cycles to ensure timely and accurate reporting
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations
- Supervise two accounts payable clerks to ensure:
- Accurate and timely production of all financial information
- Proper analytical review of operations from a balance sheet, income statement and cash flow perspective as well as an overall business perspective
- Assistance in review of due diligence material of potential acquisitions
This position manages a team of three accountants, two accounting assistants and a financial analyst (2 of which are in Dallas) and will be responsible for recruiting, training, supervising, and evaluating department staff as well as provide accounting policy orientation for new staff.
- Bachelors and/or Masters Degree in Business Administration with an emphasis in accounting.
- C.P.A. highly preferred
- 5+ years experience in the accounting and finance sector.
- 4+ years experience managing accountants and the accounting and finance process.
- 3+ years in a position equivalent to a controller or higher responsibilities
- 3+ years of experience working as a controller for a business services company, ideally in marketing/advertising.
- Exceptional proficiency in Quickbooks, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Knowledge of federal and state financial regulations
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Experience with “Big Four” or national accounting firm audit process, but not required
- Stay informed on industry developments and changes in regulations
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections
- Ability to work remotely and collaboratively with staff and employees in multiple offices.
- Conscientious about timeliness of assignments and quality of work product
- Accountable for individual and team performance
- Possess exceptional written and verbal communication skills in English, including ability to articulate recommendations in a concise and timely manner
- Able to maintain control over multiple concurrent tasks
- Exceptional work ethic
- Integrity, with an ability to handle confidential information
- Able to analyze, organize, summarize and articulate complex legal and financial information
- Strong proofreading skills
- Able to read and interpret agreements, then implement the relevant provisions of these agreements
- Detailed, organized and communicative
- Empathetic, persuasive and decisive management style
- Responsive team player with ability to quickly prioritize among numerous pressing tasks
- Task and goal oriented and capable of functioning in an entrepreneurial and corporate setting
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Potential for stock options
- Potential for advancement to CFO level after relevant experience and performance has been achieved
- Competitive benefits package including generous PTO, professional development stipend, WFH flexibility, education reimbursement, 401k company match