Administrative Assistant for a Family Resource Center
Austin Voices is looking for ULN students to do internships as Administrative Assistants in each of the 6 Family Resource Centers.
Family Resource Centers (FRC) support families in transition and crisis by providing social and health services, information, referrals, advocacy and adult education. Austin Voices operates FRCs at Burnet MS, Webb MS, Dobie MS, Martin MS, Mendez MS and Lanier HS and employs a team at each FRC site with a director, community school coordinator, social worker and administrative assistant. The resources needed to support families are provided in collaboration with community partners, including city/county agencies, health providers, non-profits, faith-based groups, businesses, higher education institutions, and community organizations/individuals. AVEY believes in and supports the Community School Model.
The goals of the FRC are to:
1) Support families in transition and crisis thereby increasing student attendance (reducing high student mobility) and moving them into a sustainable level of stability;
2) Further long-term family success through adult education;
3) Increase parents’ engagement with the school and their ability to support their children’s education.
Opportunities for the work-study intern:
1) Develop personal and professional skills in a growing and thriving non-profit agency.
2) Learn about poverty, social services, public education, community engagement, partnership development, public policy, advocacy and web-based data management systems.
3) Be part of strengthening a nationally recognized “Community School” model for school improvement in public education right here in Austin in collaboration with Austin ISD & community partners.
· Organize and manage client files and FRC records
· Enter client data into a web-based software called Efforts to Outcomes (ETO)
· Assist with food pantry distrib-utions and other FRC sponsored activities and events as appropriate
· Staff the reception desk to answer phones & welcome clients as appropriate
· Flexible hours, Monday-Friday, between 8:00am and 5:30pm
· Off-campus sites located on CapMetro bus routes at FRCs located at Burnet, Webb, Dobie, Navarro, Martin, Mendez, schools (predominantly at one site)
· Must be detail-oriented, able to do repetitive work and have proficient computer skills with MS Word, MS EXCEL and willing to learn how to use web-based data systems
· Must be a friendly, hard-working, dependable team member
· Bilingual English/Spanish or English/Arabic skills are helpful but not required