Research Assistant in Digital Mental Health / Data Science
Clin. Research Assistant I
Department Name and ID: Torous - Psychiatry
Current Job Code: A4040
FLSA Status: Nonexempt - All per diem positions are considered Non-Exempt
Effective Date: June 2020
Hours: 40 per week
Status: Submitted to Compensation
Description: Our group has several focuses including 1) investigating smartphone based digital phenotyping to predict relapse in mental health and 2) developing digital health tools for college mental health. Our goal is to understand how digital signals generated by everyday use of smartphones may be associated with symptomatology and to improve the quality and accessibility of treatment for mental illness through education, research, and innovation in digital psychiatry. We also seek to design mental health interventions offered via digital health. A working knowledge of statistics and computer science is necessary as is programming in R or Python. Opportunities are also available for the research assistant to be involved in supervised clinical and neurocognitive assessments. Prior research assistants have each had first author publications and presented at national or international meetings. Many have gone onto medical school after. Current projects include: digital phenotyping in smartphone usage for patients with psychosis, developing and testing a smartphone application platform for mental health used in the US, India, and Canada, and digital phenotyping for child psychiatry. For more information, visit our team's website at https://www.digitalpsych.org
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required of this position.
1. Independently or in conjunction with other clinical research staff works with clinical studies team to collect, organize, and help advance research studies. Liaison between our team in Boston and others around the globe using our tools. Create and work on new methods for analyzing data
2. Learns protocol and monitors strict adherence to protocols by physicians, nurses and research subjects. Reviews protocol requirements with physicians, nurses and fellows. Identifies any problems with protocol compliance and notifies principal investigator and/or research nurse. Begins to learn how to independently resolve problems with protocol
1. Bachelor's degree required by start date.
2. 1+ years or Python or R experience.
3. Web development and prior research experiences are useful and preferred, but not necessary
Email email@example.com with a CV and cover letter if interested