Technical Business Analyst
Sionic looks for our Technical Business Analysts (BA) to have a detailed knowledge of financial industry (preferably compliance area), systems and product expertise in a Capital Markets/banking environment in order to join our team. The Senior Business Analyst/Business Analyst helps articulate business requirements, define user acceptance testing requirements and provide business analysis project support. Areas the candidate will interact with include (but are not limited to): Operations, Finance, Regulatory, Compliance, IT and various levels of management.
- Responsible for the analysis and documentation of business sponsor/stakeholder requirements in accordance with the project.
- Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, and task and workflow analysis to lead and develop detailed requirements.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high level information into details, abstract up low level information to a general understanding and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs. All with the goal of providing input to the business and technical specifications are aligned to ensure the requirements are met.
- Perform data analysis, trend/pattern analysis to identify trends/anomalies including helping statistical tuning of analytical models
- Continually enhance skills and build knowledge in all aspects of the organization, the business and information systems
To succeed in this role, you will need to:
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of SDLC, data analysis, information technology systems, business processes, security regulatory risk management and security vulnerabilities.
- Possess a general understanding of capital markets/banking environment and basic IT risk management approaches
- Possess an understanding of technology-based tools or methodologies to review, design and/or implement products and services
- Identify and evaluate complex business and technology risks, internal controls which mitigate risks, and related opportunities for internal control improvement
- Be comfortable working with clients and the system development teams to design and document controls to appropriately secure data and automated processes
- Create collaborative working relationships with clients and fellow teammates
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree is required. Master’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or Engineering is highly preferred.
- 1-5 years’ work experience within financial services (internships/full-time) with
- Prior consultancy experience highly preferred
- Demonstrated experience with various technologies such as database management systems, SQL as well as the Microsoft ® Office suite of products, coding experience an asset.
- Some experience building and/or delivering software solutions. Hands on knowledge constructing and/or implementing IT solutions in large enterprises.
- Ability to effectively communicate with senior management, analysts, compliance, development, QA, project management in a global environment
- Statistics knowledge a big plus
- Knowledge of R, Python a big plus.
- Any relevant certification is a plus
- Good communication skills (written and verbal)
- Must be authorized to legally work within the United States